[Resolved] I Need Help With Layout of my Manuscript

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiee19

Registered
Reaction score
Hi.

So, I just downloaded an old book of mine that I'd split into two parts, from this self-publishing website. The files were there so I downloaded them. Then, I converted them to doc, because they were in pdf format, and I changed the layout, from Pocket book (4x7) back to normal size, 8.5x11. The manuscript is all chopped up. It shows a few lines on one page, a few lines in another, and so on and so forth. I need to know how can I resize the document without ruining the manuscript? That had never happened to me before. I'd always been able to change the layout, from whatever size back to 8.5 x 11 with no problems. By the way, and this is important to mention, I am doing this in Word. Can anyone give me tips? I'll appreciate it greatly

Thanks,
Maggie.

Last edited:

nickj47

Registered
Reaction score
Easiest thing to do is copy the entire Word doc (cntl-A, cntl-C) and paste it into a new Notepad window (cntl-P). Notepad will promptly lose all of the website formatting. Next copy the entire notepad document (cntl-A, cntl-C) and open a new Word document. Set your margins and start a temporary paragraph (just a word or two) with whatever line spacing and first line indent you want. Then hit Return to start a new paragraph. From there, paste in the entire contents of the notepad document (cntl-P).

maggiee19

Registered
Reaction score
OK. I'm going to try that. I didn't think of Notepad. Thank you. I'll let you know how it goes.

maggiee19

Registered
Reaction score
tTem1R

Last edited:

maggiee19

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry. I don't know how to post images on here. I wanted to show you what it looks like now.

maggiee19

Registered
Reaction score
My problem is solved. A fellow AW member changed my layout from 4x7 to letter size, so this thread can be closed. He helped me at 10:30 PM.

Thanks for the help!
Maggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.