Status
Not open for further replies.

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
I didn't think I would ever be able to say that, but I am. It's done. And I have a little sadness about it. I'll probably tinker with it a bit more, but it is now ready for betas to read to pin point flaws. Six years, off and on, I've worked on this historical paranormal book about a vampire who is desperate to free himself from the Others, and uses two young women, unbeknownst to them, in his scheme to escape.

Stytch

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! I hope you celebrate!

pharm

profoundly de minimis
Registered
Reaction score
Amazing work!!! Can't wait to (hopefully) see some of it crop up on AW :D

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Great job! It's always weird that strange change in emotions (at least for me) after finishing that first draft. Jubilation you finished it but also a bit sad because you finished it.

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
Great job! It's always weird that strange change in emotions (at least for me) after finishing that first draft. Jubilation you finished it but also a bit sad because you finished it.

It is. I couldn't wait to finish it because it was taking me forever, but now that it's done, I'm like, now what? A bit of me feels empty because I've been working on it for so long. I guess that means I need to find another project to fill that void, maybe draw something, maybe finish my Josephine Baker pencil drawing. I also need to write a query letter and synopsis. I guess my focus will be there for now.

redstick

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimriley.net
In my short experience, finding the right agent/publisher can be just as challenging as finishing the novel. But no one can take away your accomplishment of getting it done. Congratulations. Good luck with the rest of the journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.