I am totally lost!

Paula

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wrote quirky humor book (non-fiction) which has non-sensical sentences in each page with a little drawing.

How do I submit this to agents? I know non-fiction works usually come with proposals but as far as I know, proposals are huge and what am I gonna say about this book? It's just a quirky book with non-sense stuff to give to people to make them laugh.

I've been looking for the answer for this question for soooooo long!

Someone, please help me!

Sincerely,
Lost little fish

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
I guess I’d start with finding comp titles. Like, is this going to be like Hyperbole and a Half, or Matthew Inman’s The Oatmeal comics? Once you’ve got that, you can use those when querying agents to give them the idea, and you might be able to find agents who’ve repped works like those.

Koulentis

Troublemaker
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Paula. Even though the book is humor and this is the humor forum, you might have better luck posting your question in the 'Ask the Agent' forum. Good luck.

Juggernaut

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wrote quirky humor book (non-fiction) which has non-sensical sentences in each page with a little drawing.

How do I submit this to agents? I know non-fiction works usually come with proposals but as far as I know, proposals are huge and what am I gonna say about this book? It's just a quirky book with non-sense stuff to give to people to make them laugh.

Someone, please help me!

Sincerely,
Lost little fish

Hi,

How many pages is it?
Did you do the drawings?

If nobody will take it, it might be something you can reasonably self-publish for cheap, if you are the one doing the drawings.
I can give you some guidance if you want to go in that direction.

Good Luck!
Juggernaut

- - - Updated - - -

Hi everyone,

Someone, please help me!

Sincerely,
Lost little fish

Hi,

How many pages is it?
Did you do the drawings?

If nobody will take it, it might be something you can reasonably self-publish for cheap, if you are the one doing the drawings.
I can give you some guidance if you want to go in that direction.

Good Luck!
Juggernaut