Finished writing the Story

K Robert Donovan

Wishing Upon a Star...
Registered
Reaction score
Accomplishment - I finished writing my story at 231K words on July 2. (scratching my head...) I had planned on writing about 160-170K but the story just kept going.

Next step is to cut the book down at least 50-70K words. I have several rewrites, including the beginning of the book and then will get serious about diving into the editing. After that I will send it out to Beta Readers and step away from the book for a month while I work on developing a web page. The list goes on.

Goal for the day - My immediate goal for this weekend is to complete the reviews/edits from one of my developmental readers through chapter 10.
Goal for the week - rewrite the beginning of the book and send it out for review.
Goal for the week - tweak a character ending and make adjustments based on feedback.
Goal for the month - account for all the suggestion balloons and update accordingly.
Goal for the month - complete all the updates from developmental readers.
Goal for next month - dive into the full self-edit mode addressing everything from POV to show-vs-tell.
Target October to have the book ready for full beta-reading.

Good luck to everyone!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Could we borrow the grindstone you put your nose to when you're not using it? Because you're totally getting things done. Good for you!

Maryn, pleased on your behalf