My Book Cover- Second edition- need opinions

sivart_sf

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sivart.eu
Hello everyone,

I have recently published my first book and well…. I sort of rushed it but I did it for fun and because I was happy that I wrote a book in the first place.

now I have had some time to redo the book and I have enlisted the help of freelancers to redo the cover. I would just like to know what your opinions are. Do you prefer the original? Option 1? or Option 2?

any Feedback would be great

images.html

https://sivart.eu/images.html

-Riv-

The much appreciated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have recently published my first book and well…. I sort of rushed it but I did it for fun and because I was happy that I wrote a book in the first place.

now I have had some time to redo the book and I have enlisted the help of freelancers to redo the cover. I would just like to know what your opinions are. Do you prefer the original? Option 1? or Option 2?

any Feedback would be great

images.html

https://sivart.eu/images.html
Hi there!

I'm most drawn to the image on the second one, but the text on the third one. Both draw me more than the first one.

All the best,
Riv

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like the first one (actually I like all of them), but the first two look dated. Retro is fine if the stories are written in a retro style, but the third looks more modern.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Don't care for the original. Would be tempted to pick up version 2 just because I like the cover art. Version 3 looks like it's linking title and image, which sets up some resonances about what might be inside, and that may be the best.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Auteur

Redacted
Registered
Reaction score
I like the third one. The image seems reflective of the title, but in a sci-fi kind of way.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Definitely prefer option 2, just not 100% sold on the Triquetra - it seems a bit bright.

sandree

Registered
Reaction score
I like the image of the middle one and the title size and font of the one on the right.

Sabrina Hartford

Registered
Reaction score
Option 1 stands out, but it doesn't seem interesting enough for me to pick it up.

Option 2 looks very interesting and I wanted to know more. However, I might possibly make the head on the top standout a touch more, as it took me a while to figure out what it was.

Arisuzawa

Registered
Reaction score
Option 1- Doesn't really draw my attention, particularly when compared to the other two.
Option 2- Image really grabs me but the text (size and placement) does not.
Option 3- Interesting image, great text placement and size.

TheListener

Registered
Reaction score
I like number 2 and the text. The blue makes it pop. The closeness of 'insight' in number 2 is better than in number 3 which somehow my brain took to be 'in sight' as I looked at all three quickly before actually thinking about them. Number 1 made me think of a bug or spider.