Hello all,

My name is Lou Trent and I found my way here after reading a blog post about writing communities. The main genre that I write is fantasy, but I also write blog posts about writing and disability. I am a voracious reader and have over 400 books. I am sad because I donít really have room for any more, so I am having to get new books on my kindle. I still think paper is better though. I have been writing casually for most of my life and have finally decided to take the plunge and try to get published.

Other than reading and writing I enjoy knitting, baking and learning about viruses. My dream job would have been in the field of infectious disease research but due to a physical disability I was born with that was never possible. My disability limits what I can do but I find that writing provides me with an escape from that. When writing, I can experience all the things I am unable to do in my real life.

I live in a small bungalow with my two cats, cockatiel and snake. I love it here because I have a garden, that my mother takes care of, in which I can write. I grew up in the country so moving to the city was a shock. My garden gives me a taste of what it was like where I grew up. I love writing outside as being around plants and animals I find that I am much more creative.

Thank you for reading this and I hope that this is the start of a long and friendly relationship with this group.
Lou