Abuser & Child Sex Trafficker Jeffrey Epstein Re-Arrested 10+ Years Later

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There is no emoji sufficient enough to show my disgust and rage...

[h=1]Jeffrey Epstein's prep-school students remember their 'flamboyantly' dressed teacher[/h]
Looks like the lot of them have been swimming in the same swamp for decades.

Donald Barr, Dalton’s headmaster and father of Attorney General Bill Barr, hired Epstein to teach math and science....

He hired Jeffrey Epstein to teach at the school without a college degree and is current U.S. Attorney General Bill Barr's father. Bill Barr has decided not to recuse himself from Epstein's case.

Students remember Epstein telling them that his relationship with Lynne Greenberg, the daughter of Bear Stearns chairman Alan “Ace” Greenberg, helped Epstein secure his first Wall Street job. Although this was also described as “hearsay” to Yahoo Finance. It has also been reported that Epstein curried favor with Greenberg after tutoring the banker’s son.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
He won't be released on bail, thankfully, while he awaits trial.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/18/741802612/jeffrey-epstein-is-denied-bail-in-sex-trafficking-case

U.S. District Judge Richard M. Berman announced his decision that the 66-year-old financier be held without bail on Thursday, following a hearing Monday in which Epstein's lawyer asked that his client be placed on house arrest with round-the-clock private security guards paid for by Epstein.

In denying that request, the judge called the bail offer from Epstein's defense team "irredeemably inadequate," saying his first priority in making the decision is weighing the danger Epstein posed to the community and to other potential victims.

There's sense and justice in this, at least.

Last edited:

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to bet he's still trying to get placed on mansion arrest -- because he was found vaguely "injured" in his cell.

Jeffrey Epstein was found injured and in a fetal position inside his cell at a New York City jail, according to sources close to the investigation....

found semi-conscious with marks on his neck, two sources told News 4. Investigators are trying to piece together exactly what happened.

Hw's back in his cell and fine. He's in MCC, which is secure as fuck, in a general sense, and he wasn't in any kind of genpop situation. He's in a unit with a cop who killed a bunch of people. My money says he's just a bad actor.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
They should put a camera in his cell. For his own safety- idiot might try harder to hurt himself next time and do real harm.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My first thought-Boo effing hoo.
My second thought-Geez does he really think anyone is going to fall for that act? He just wants out.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
And the conspiracy theories are blasting already.

I have no problem believing this was his own decision and his own act. Having said that, if actual evidence comes out he was killed, I won't have much trouble believing that either - but I want the actual evidence, not 4chan chit-chat.

Last edited:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
And the conspiracy theories are blasting already.

I have no problem believing this was his own decision and his own act. Having said that, if actual evidence comes out he was killed, I won't have much trouble believing that either - but I want the actual evidence, not 4chan chit-chat.

I'm going to keep the conspiracy theories consigned to my brain and nowhere else, but there are a few questions I have, the first ones being 'How?' and 'Cui bono?'

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I'm going to keep the conspiracy theories consigned to my brain and nowhere else, but there are a few questions I have, the first ones being 'How?' and 'Cui bono?'

It's not unusual for people to successfully commit suicide while they're under suicide watch. Pedophiles are notoriously friendless in prison. I just think, at this point, the most likely explanation is those tasked with keeping him alive weren't highly incentivized to do so.

That said, yeah, a lot of people will likely skate because of this. (Although the cynic in me says they'd have skated anyway, because rich white men.)

You just know the one the GOP's going to glom on to is "the Clintons did it!"

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
It's not unusual for people to successfully commit suicide while they're under suicide watch. Pedophiles are notoriously friendless in prison. I just think, at this point, the most likely explanation is those tasked with keeping him alive weren't highly incentivized to do so.

That said, yeah, a lot of people will likely skate because of this. (Although the cynic in me says they'd have skated anyway, because rich white men.)

He's not "people," though. He's the highest of high-profile. I get that guards may not be incentivized to care, but someone somewhere in the chain of command needed to make sure he didn't get a second chance at suicide.

I'm pissed for his victims. They were *this close* to finding some justice...

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
He's not "people," though. He's the highest of high-profile. I get that guards may not be incentivized to care, but someone somewhere in the chain of command needed to make sure he didn't get a second chance at suicide.

To be clear, I agree with all of this, especially the anger for the victims.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

One word. BULLSHIT.

Two words. BITCH. PLEASE!

Three words. Suicide? My ass. Do you think those golden raindrops falling on your head is liquid sunshine? Okay, but don't catch them on your tongue, is all I'm saying.

A few weeks ago Epstein mysteriously was assaulted. Or was he? Who was his cellmate? An ex-cop and bodybuilder who was in jail for killing four men and burying their bodies.

Now on "suicide watch" he successfully commits suicide. Great job, cops! A five-year-old condom with a hole in the tip could provide more protection.

Jeffrey Epstein needed to be dead, but not until after all his evil, ugly, nasty, disgusting acts were dragged out of the dark and exposed for all the world to see. As well as which old White fucks partied hearty with good ol' Jeff and his little teenage harem. I wanted ALL THE NAMES, DATES, TIMES, AND PLACES. I wanted the details of how dirty the lifestyles of the rich and infamous really are.

I wanted motherfuckers to live in terror and die from shame of being exposed. Now? Now we're going to have to settle for R. Kelly? Sad.

Somewhere---no---a LOT of somewheres there are old White fucks waking up, exhaling and very pleased of the prospect of enjoying their first happy dump in weeks.

Because Jeffrey Epstein is dead and his secrets died with him. Justice? For all those girls and women whose lives he shit on? Hah. Not happening.

They just got raped all over again. That's how hit jobs work and justice doesn't factor into it.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score

Well, he's dead and there's a lot of shit currently circulated that implicates a lot of people, so who knows.

If he was still on suicide watch, I have questions. If he wasn't anymore (which seems to be the case) it's MCC but determined people are determined, if it was him or someone else. I dunno who in the 'powerful' camp, as if witnesses are out and about, his being alive doesn't change much. He's also in MCC, I say again, so...possibly actually him, weird as it'd seem.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
One word. BULLSHIT.

Two words. BITCH. PLEASE!
IKR?

I guess it's just so obviously convenient I tend to balk at murder/conspiracy until I hear more. I can't be surprised that a guy like that, who's never paid for any act in his life, would choose to take himself out when it became clear that day of reckoning was coming for him.

Won't be surprised if it turns out the guards helped him, though. And frankly, won't be surprised if any of the theories turn out true, either.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
May the investigation continue. May every victim be recompensed. May everyone who benefited from his underage sex ring be fully exposed and face justice.

Is there any way that investigations go forward without him to hang a case on? I hope so?

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is there any way that investigations go forward without him to hang a case on? I hope so?

Yes. But mostly NO.

Jeffrey Epstein, the millionaire financier and convicted sex offender, killed himself in his jail cell on Friday night, three law-enforcement sources tell ABC News. Epstein was awaiting trial on sex-trafficking charges in Manhattan’s Metropolitan Correctional Center. He was 66.
What happened

According to NBC News, Epstein hung himself overnight in his cell and was taken to a local hospital from the MCC on Saturday morning in cardiac arrest.
Prison authorities were somehow unable to safeguard Epstein

Epstein had apparently survived an earlier injury while in prison last month, when he was found semiconscious in his cells with marks on his neck. Prison officials were investigating the injury a possible suicide attempt, though there had also been rumors that he may have been attacked. The high-profile inmate had reportedly been put on suicide watch as a result, but the New York Times reported Saturday that it’s not clear if that actually happened. If Epstein was on suicide watch, it remains to be seen how such an effort could have somehow failed to protect Epstein from himself on Friday night.
The impact on the investigation

It’s not yet clear how Epstein’s death will affect the investigation into his abuse of countless underage girls or the potential consequences for his accomplices.

@KlasfeldReports

Replying to @KlasfeldReports
Second reaction: A former federal prosecutor informs me about this secord-order effect in terms of legal procedure.

At the Cut, Matthew Schneier points out that after Epstein’s death, “thousands of questions may never have satisfactory answers, and focus is likely to intensify on his collaborators, co-conspirators, enablers, and friends.” Schneier then highlights what a trove of newly unsealed court documents say about Ghislaine Maxwell, Epstein’s best friend and alleged accomplice.
The reaction and speculation

Considering Epstein’s links to the rich and powerful, the calls for an investigation — and the burgeoning conspiracy theories — were well underway within minutes of his death being reported.

Paul Krugman @paulkrugman

If we were living in a paranoid fantasy universe, I would be very suspicious about the Epstein suicide, even about whether it was really suicide. And you know what? The Epstein case itself shows that we *are* kind of living in a paranoid fantasy universe
Tiana Lowe @TianaTheFirst

Here’s the thing: Occam’s Razor in this case where one of the most high-profile predators in the country — who could take down dozens of the world’s most powerful — was already on suicide watch in a federal jail yet *able to hang himself* is not...obvious. https://twitter.com/grayconnolly/status/1160175249381478400 …

Gray Connolly @GrayConnolly

Jeffrey Epstein dying by suicide *in a prison where he was already on suicide watch* is the...stuff of a gazillion conspiracy theories to come... and an end almost incapable of innocent explanation.

9:23 AM - Aug 10, 2019

zeynep tufekci @zeynep

As in, did this man who was protected all his life by corrupt & powerful people also “helped” at the end? Most conspiracy theories make no sense because there are existing realistic answers while the theory demands too much. But a *second* successful attempt needs an explanation.

9:31 AM - Aug 10, 2019

Michael Corleone does not have a social media account. If he did I'm sure it would be quite profound.

Michael: My father is no different than any powerful man, any man with power, like a president or senator.

Kay Adams: Do you know how naive you sound, Michael? Presidents and senators don't have men killed.

Michael: Oh. Who's being naive, Kay?

If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone.

— Michael Corleone (Al Pacino), The Godfather

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
If I were in his position, I'd have a dead man's switch set up to publish everything in case this happened.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Predictably, #ClintonBodyCount is already trending. I will never live in a time when they Clinton's aren't blamed for everything.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Let's just hope no one ends up shooting the Clintons "to avenge Jeffrey" or something.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
He had to have been massively paranoid that he wasn't going to get out of this alive. Even if he beat the charges (and they were beatable, according to attorneys speaking this morning), the revelation of even a tiny fraction of evidence would be dangerous for many powerful men. Epstein had to have held more than just sexual blackmail over them, too. He's WAY too rich in far too mysterious a way to not have more dirt. Likely financial dirt.

In the BEST case scenario, a man whose entire existence revolved around hobnobbing with the rich and famous would have been completely shunned from the society he depended on for his self-worth. He does not strike me as a person who could handle public infamy and all that comes with it.

I hope attorneys (civil or criminal) are in the office today, drafting arguments for orders to tear all his mansions down to the studs. There's a Federal Reserve-level vault somewhere. The "safe" they found was just his "In case of emergency" stash for if/when he had to go temporarily underground.

ETA: Barr has announced a DOJ/FBI investigation into Epstein's death. So much for the public finding out what happened.

Last edited: