Abuser & Child Sex Trafficker Jeffrey Epstein Re-Arrested 10+ Years Later

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Ok, now this is weird.

Epstein's Death Was on 4chan Before Officials Announced It.

Still not gonna get sucked into conspiracies theories because 4chan.

To be fair, the notion that he'd survive the trial and sentencing (and potential plea deals), given the people implicated by his activities... was always a little iffy. Especially after the first incident, rumors and false alarms would've been rampant - which, given actual events, might appear to be prescient or sign of a Conspiracy.

(And "cardiac arrest"... isn't all death technically cardiac arrest? No great prize for saying that.)

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sudden cardiac arrest:

Sudden cardiac arrest is the abrupt loss of heart function, breathing and consciousness. The condition usually results from an electrical disturbance in your heart that disrupts its pumping action, stopping blood flow to your body.

Sudden cardiac arrest differs from a heart attack, when blood flow to a part of the heart is blocked. However, a heart attack can sometimes trigger an electrical disturbance that leads to sudden cardiac arrest.

Heart attack:

A heart attack occurs when the flow of blood to the heart is blocked. The blockage is most often a buildup of fat, cholesterol and other substances, which form a plaque in the arteries that feed the heart (coronary arteries).

^^^ (happened to me)

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
Autopsy finds broken bones in Jeffrey Epstein’s neck, deepening questions around his death

An autopsy found that financier Jeffrey Epstein sustained multiple breaks in his neck bones, according to two people familiar with the findings, deepening the mystery about the circumstances around his death.

Among the bones broken in Epstein’s neck was the hyoid bone, which in men is near the Adam’s apple. Such breaks can occur in those who hang themselves, particularly if they are older, according to forensics experts and studies on the subject. But they are more common in victims of homicide by strangulation, the experts said.

Points more toward strangulation than suicide, but I am not hopeful we will ever know what happened.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh brother, the news media just can't help itself.

Reuter's: Such injuries can occur to people who hang themselves or who are strangled.
One of the two law enforcement sources familiar with the Epstein case said there was no evidence or suggestion of foul play, but cautioned the investigation was still at an early stage.

Dr. Zhongxue Hua, the Bergen County medical examiner in New Jersey, said a neck fracture was atypical in a suicide, but warned not to jump to conclusions.
First, I rarely hear the hyoid bone called a 'neck bone' even though that is technically correct. It's a bone in the trachea.

As for the 'unusual neck bones broken', maybe if you try to hang yourself without a fall, but broken necks in hangings are common.

Wiki: Hanging
Standard drop
The standard drop involves a drop of between 4 and 6 feet (1.2 and 1.8 m) and came into use from 1866, when the scientific details were published by an Irish doctor, Samuel Haughton. Its use rapidly spread to English-speaking countries and those where judicial systems had an English origin.

It was considered a humane improvement on the short drop because it was intended to be enough to break the person's neck, causing immediate unconsciousness and rapid brain death.[8][9]

Last edited:

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
This is so frustrating -- I saw a headline go by with 'broken bones in Epstein's neck!' and thought,' like the hypoid? Duh?' I mean it's not always in a hanging but it's not unusual. The media seems to be running with this indicates strangling! A badly-done hanging IS strangling, basically, just with the object used, not hands, hence there's a difference between manual asphyxiation and ligature and... I also saw someplace a mention of blood vessels in his eyes, which, same answer. It's not hard to be specific.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
If it *was* an assassination, it was pretty shoddy, with lots of loose ends.

I mean, it would fit with the current administration, but still.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
If it *was* an assassination, it was pretty shoddy, with lots of loose ends.

I mean, it would fit with the current administration, but still.

I do not ascribe to the conspiracy theories, BUT, if I did, I would say that if they are taking cues from Putin on assassination, they wouldn't care about loose ends, because there is no way anyone will ever investigate them.

Creepy billionaire does shitty job hanging himself is, frankly, the most believable thing about anything involved with Jeffrey Epstein.

By the way, his island is being raided by the FBI and drone videos are appearing on YouTube as we speak. O_O

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
Atul Gawande weighs in on the significance of the broken hyoid bone.

Yes, the hyoid—the U-shaped bone located at the top and front of the neck—is more likely to be broken when a person has been strangled than if they were hanged. But the hyoid is also broken in hangings—possibly infrequently, and possibly often. There’s no agreement in the forensics community on exactly how frequently, but it is known to occur and is not considered remarkable.

I love Gawande's writing. I don't worship celebrities but can get tongue-tied around writers whose work I admire. My surgeon is in the same practice as Gawande. When I go to his office, instead of reading, I keep looking for Gawande, though I would probably just mumble something inane, blush, and run away.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love Gawande's writing. I don't worship celebrities but can get tongue-tied around writers whose work I admire. My surgeon is in the same practice as Gawande. When I go to his office, instead of reading, I keep looking for Gawande, though I would probably just mumble something inane, blush, and run away.

I think I met Oliver Sacks once when I was at his brother's practice for something, and someone in red socks came down the hallway looking frightfully nervous and they might have been Oliver Sacks so I walked straight into a wall.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I do not ascribe to the conspiracy theories, BUT, if I did, I would say that if they are taking cues from Putin on assassination, they wouldn't care about loose ends, because there is no way anyone will ever investigate them.

Creepy billionaire does shitty job hanging himself is, frankly, the most believable thing about anything involved with Jeffrey Epstein.

By the way, his island is being raided by the FBI and drone videos are appearing on YouTube as we speak. O_O

Three things I am certain about Jeffrey Epstein.

1. He's dead and a lot of people are feeling pretty pleased about it.
2. It's tempting to blame on conspiracy what is probably simply incompetence.
3. We will never ever never know how deep Epstein's dirty rabbit hole goes and how many dirty little rabbits are down there nestling in waiting for the next flesh-peddling pedophile pimp to come along and feed them.