AW is an Amazon Affiliate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: July 2019 Challenge - Write Every Day!

Threaded View

Okay. When I got to work, the story was still sitting on the printer - no one had moved it to the counter where people put other folks’ printouts when they get in the way - so I’m pretty sure nobody saw it. Phew!

I worked on it last night. I didn’t do much editing or writing on it. I just read through it and marked places where something had to change - kind of outlining in place, notes like “don’t send Sol out of the room here” or “make sure it is clear that they are in college.”

And then, I think I found the real root of the problem - the reason the story is going flaccid in its final third. A key revelation is coming too early. There’s one paragraph that needs to move back by a scene or two — I think that will shore up the bones of the story and give it the shape I want. There’s still a lot of work to do on the writing, of course, but if the shape of the story is there, I will enjoy that work.

I don’t expect to do any work on the story today, or possibly much of the weekend — family obligations.

Good luck and good skill today, everyone.

Last edited by Lakey; 07-12-2019 at 02:59 PM.
    There is no way of writing well and also of writing easily. --Anthony Trollope