Loving the vibe

Rufio

Registered
Reaction score
Hi.

I've been scouring the different sub-forums while I waited for my account to be confirmed – and I love the mix of hard-headed criticism and tactful support that I see.

It looks like there's a seriously valuable community in here!

Kat M

Ooh, look! String!
Registered
Reaction score
There totally is. Welcome! :hi:

So what do YOU write?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's what attracts and retains a lot of us.

Plus any damned question that comes up (not writing-related) yet evades my fairly decent Google-fu, somebody here can usually answer. Awesome!

It's a pleasure to meet you. Welcome.

Maryn, who made soup on a hot day, like an idiot (but it smells real good!)

TrapperViper

Registered
Reaction score
Hi.

I've been scouring the different sub-forums while I waited for my account to be confirmed – and I love the mix of hard-headed criticism and tactful support that I see.

It looks like there's a seriously valuable community in here!

I have found the personalized lessons and advice on SWY to be invaluable. I look forward to hearing that you have found the same if that is what you are looking for. Likewise, if you are looking for a great community of people who take joy in the success of others, this is also the place for that.

Rufio

Registered
Reaction score
There totally is. Welcome! :hi:

So what do YOU write?

Thanks, Kat M!

I've been writing short science fiction stories (and collecting lots of rejections from magazines).

I'd be interested to read about some angsty banjo players :)

Rufio

Registered
Reaction score
That's what attracts and retains a lot of us.

Plus any damned question that comes up (not writing-related) yet evades my fairly decent Google-fu, somebody here can usually answer. Awesome!

It's a pleasure to meet you. Welcome.

Maryn, who made soup on a hot day, like an idiot (but it smells real good!)

Thanks, Maryn.

I'd seen AW come up lots of times in my own Googling – but I had no idea how deep and expansive the forums were until I heard about it as a critiquing resource.

Rufio

Registered
Reaction score
I have found the personalized lessons and advice on SWY to be invaluable. I look forward to hearing that you have found the same if that is what you are looking for. Likewise, if you are looking for a great community of people who take joy in the success of others, this is also the place for that.

That's exactly why I'm here. I've already learned loads of useful things just from reading the critiques of other people's work. So I'm looking forward to learning by critiquing others as much as I'm looking forward to getting my own critiques eventually.

Kat M

Ooh, look! String!
Registered
Reaction score
I've been writing short science fiction stories (and collecting lots of rejections from magazines).
Ooh, that's a challenge—world-building, compelling story, in, out, in a snap. I hope your luck turns around soon!

Bridgen

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Rufio :welcome:

I'm also new, but the site has been great so far. I wish you luck on your short stories!

Bridgen

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Bridgen :)

What brought you here to this site?

I mentioned it in another thread, but I simply looked up "writing forums" and found the site. I learned a lot from the threads here since then.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler. :welcome: