A pleasure to be here

DeadGroove

Registered
Reaction score
So, I'm, not usually very good with introductions. It's usually brief or rambling, so I'l probably keep this short. I'm fron the UK, love a good cup of tea and hate the weather.

I have little experience with creative writing. I've never taken courses on it, I wanted to continue with English at college but had to do maths instead (blegh) and never moved on to university. Last tiem I wrote anything was over 5 years ago. Recently I've had the sudden urge to take the ideas swimming about my head and put them to paper. Digital paper, I guess. I'm a worldbuilder and a lover of fantasy, it's the only style I have any interest in writing about. Adult themed only, not into YA or childrens stuff. I have a fairly dark imagination and am fascinated by anti heroes and villains. I had an idea for a character to create for dungeons and dragons and got the idea of writing a story based around him as I grew to love him. Currently up to chapter 4 and only 4,500 words into it so I have a long way to go, but was hoping to eventually learn more to brush up my weaknesses and eventually get feedback. I don't want to lose enthusiasm for it as it's so much fun when it comes together.

Not much else to say. I'm fairly inconsistent with ym writing and I don't know how much time I will get to be super active on these forums, but I'l try my best so I can begin to share my work and get the much needed critique. As my itile says, it's a pleasure to be here.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler. :welcome:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's fairly obvious you're going to fit right in at AW. We all have ideas swirling in our skulls! Here we master setting them free.

Maryn, pleased to meet you

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Anarchy

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, welcome aboard! I feel you on the dark themed adult fantasy. I'm writing a quasi-fantasy book centered on a villian as well, so it's good to know that there are people out there who love the darkness as much as I do. Mwahahaha.
Have a diabolical day, amigo.

onceuponatime

Learning and growing
Registered
Reaction score
So, I'm, not usually very good with introductions. It's usually brief or rambling, so I'l probably keep this short. I'm fron the UK, love a good cup of tea and hate the weather.

I have little experience with creative writing. I've never taken courses on it, I wanted to continue with English at college but had to do maths instead (blegh) and never moved on to university. Last tiem I wrote anything was over 5 years ago. Recently I've had the sudden urge to take the ideas swimming about my head and put them to paper. Digital paper, I guess. I'm a worldbuilder and a lover of fantasy, it's the only style I have any interest in writing about. Adult themed only, not into YA or childrens stuff. I have a fairly dark imagination and am fascinated by anti heroes and villains. I had an idea for a character to create for dungeons and dragons and got the idea of writing a story based around him as I grew to love him. Currently up to chapter 4 and only 4,500 words into it so I have a long way to go, but was hoping to eventually learn more to brush up my weaknesses and eventually get feedback. I don't want to lose enthusiasm for it as it's so much fun when it comes together.

Not much else to say. I'm fairly inconsistent with ym writing and I don't know how much time I will get to be super active on these forums, but I'l try my best so I can begin to share my work and get the much needed critique. As my itile says, it's a pleasure to be here.

Welcome :welcome: Must say, after 6 years of living in the UK, it takes a certain type of person to ~not~ hate the weather...

(spoken from the perspective of someone who started not too far away, and who misses her proper Guinness and proper rain)