What science or technology could a Star Wars scientist be working on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximum7

Registered
Reaction score
I’m trying to write a story about a scientist working on something in the Star Wars galaxy. I’m looking for something creative or esoteric instead of just teleportation or matter replicators. I have tried many different ideas but none seem to fit. A lot of stuff has been thought of on Star Wars rpg forums and I’m not looking for a simple tech or invention. I’m looking for a science that would take a scientist in SW somewhat difficulty to create. It can’t be something that can theoretically be created based on existing technological capabilities or resources. E.g. You don’t see speeders with deflector shields, but you could very easily do it. I’d also be open to him studying something brand new. A facet or avenue of science that has been untapped or ignored. Star Wars has had 1,000’s of Years with FTL technology so this is a tall order but scientist exist and surely they must be doing something.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Dang, but this question looks familiar...

Given that fanfic is not something this forum deals in (for obvious reasons, especially when the franchise in question is the property of notoriously litigious Disney), I'd generally suggest working backwards. What specialty works best for your plot and/or character? Do that.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Nope. Please see my previous response.

Hi there, Maximum7!

Please take a moment to read this post about fanfic and AW!

FAQ: Why We Do Not Allow Fan Fic on AW

We can help brainstorm original fiction or discuss broader issues and themes in published works, but we can't help you with your fic here. It's not that we don't like fanfic... a lot of us write it... it's more that this community is geared toward writing and publishing original fiction. We do sometimes discuss work-for-hire, but not the nitty-gritty details about writing in someone else's IP.

Stick around and chat about science fiction and fantasy! We're always happy to have a new voice!

Status
Not open for further replies.