The 2019 Sequel Solstice Story Share: The Sequel!

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Taz. Just in case nobody gets back to you, my understanding of it is that it’s midnight of the 22nd, US Eastern Time (sorry, I don’t know if that's the official designation). That’s 24 hours from the time of this post.

Good luck, and I’m looking forward to seeing what you turn out.

If that's wrong info, can someone correct me?

Thanks!

I was stuck on one transition for what felt like a lifetime, but "Write or Die" pushed me past it, and I'm finally making good progress!

This darn story is turning into a novella.

Must... keep... going...

Last edited:

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Not sure if this last-minute story is suffering from being rushed or such is making it perfect.

Definitely not including it in the sample quote, but I just wanted to share what is probably my favourite line I've written for this event:

Your face looks like your personality looks like your face.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Your face looks like your personality looks like your face.

Incredibly solid.

Just realized one of my samples went well over 200 words, kinda not sure how to cut it down and haven't heard back from Jay, so...

*stares at clock, even knowing the guessing isn't likely to start till Tuesday anyhow.*

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Last story submitted. That makes four in total, two based on main prompts, totaling 20,655 words altogether.

Now to eagerly await the guessing thread! I wonder how quickly mine will be figured out...

Norman Mjadwesch

vacuous eyes, will bark at shadows
Registered
Reaction score
Tuesday? So Wednesday for us future peoples? :cry:

Yes indeed, the sun has risen on the future, with is called the 23rd in Oz, so we are now into the last hours before homework is due (again - so many cool extensions!).

And because it's the 23rd (and not the 21st anywhere in the world), imma poking You Know Who one last time in the sure knowledge that there will be no reply along the lines of "ditto":

Happy Birthday, Coddi! :tongue

heehee *runs away*

Last edited:

Norman Mjadwesch

Registered
Reaction score
Huh, news just in. It appears that a certain member of this community has been locked out of AW due to a technology malfunction. She said that it might be a particular mod yanking her tail because of this comment:

Well, to be fair, we had one — the limerick thread. But for some reason, Admin keeps forgetting to lock us in and we keep wandering out.

:wag:

The best bit? The guessing will start soon, and there is one person who isn’t going to get any guessing points because she can’t log in. :ROFL:

Hahaha, suck it Coddiwomple! Imma gonna get more guessing points than you without even putting in any serious effort! Serves you right for being so smarmy all of the time. ;)

J. A. Rama

Master Plot Hydra Conqueror
Registered
Reaction score
Website
phractalreality.blogspot.com
HOKAY!

Those of you who have submitted stories so far should have received an email from me confirming that I got them. Just a reminder, please include a ~200 word snip for each story. These will appear in the Guessing Thread, and will be used for people to guess who wrote which story.

If you have not received an email from me, please be sure to submit your story by tomorrow.

I will start building the Guessing Thread once all submissions are in.

Sue77

Registered
Reaction score
Now I'm worried as I submitted over a week ago and haven't received a confirmation email. And, I'm stuck in Manchester hospital.

Eeeek.....

J. A. Rama

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Now I'm worried as I submitted over a week ago and haven't received a confirmation email. And, I'm stuck in Manchester hospital.

Eeeek.....

Hmmm, yeah, I did not get anything from you. What email did you send it to?

In any case, all I strictly need for the guessing is the excerpt. You could PM or rep it to me.

Oh wait, strike that. You had sent it to my old email address. Found them!

Last edited:

Norman Mjadwesch

Registered
Reaction score

Eeeek.....

I just received confirmation a few minutes ago.

Two more hours till the deadline! If there are some of you still writing with bleeding fingers: Go Go Go! You can do it! :whip:

ETA: Ugh, just cross-posted with our esteemed leader. :(

Last edited:

J. A. Rama

Registered
Reaction score
Website
You're good to go, Doggo!

Also like, for y'all who still haven't sent yours in, even if you're not done in two hours, I'll be asleep, and my schedule is odd, so it's not like I'll know until like, late in the afternoon tomorrow anyway. >:]

Sue77

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm, yeah, I did not get anything from you. What email did you send it to?

In any case, all I strictly need for the guessing is the excerpt. You could PM or rep it to me.

Oh wait, strike that. You had sent it to my old email address. Found them!

Phew! It's not the most up to date version, but it will have to do!

Norman Mjadwesch

Registered
Reaction score
Not that I only know how to sing one note, but...

Happy birthday, Sian! :Cake:

So whose birthday is on the 24th? We're on a bit of a roll... :D

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday Sian! How many birthdays is that now?

And I'm done with PART ONE of THE EVER-LENGTHENING SHORT STORY. It's not quite as long as my Sisyphus piece, but when PART TWO is written, it's probably going to be longer. Dear God, what have I done??