Quote Originally Posted by Friendly Frog View Post
You raise a good point, one which I had not considered, that 'miscreant stories' (love that name!) will always be extra to at least one story written for one of the three chosen prompts. With that in mind I don't really have any objection to their inclusion. People who can knock out two stories are awesome. I know I wouldn't be able to.
Really they are! I can't do two stories either. The people who do amaze me and are up to no good, I can tell you!

/side eyes a very innocent looking animal

Quote Originally Posted by Coddiwomple View Post
I just had a voting idea. Math and I don’t get along, so I have no idea if it would help break ties, but how about if everyone had a set amount of points to give — say, 10 — and could distribute them as they chose? So if you loved one prompt, you could give 10 points, but then you’re out of points. Or you give three prompts 5, 3, and 2. Or 10 prompts 1 each ...

Just a thought.
This is a very good suggestion! It also normalizes the natural skew as to what different people

I might tweak it so that the number is greater so everyone can give an equal score to all prompts if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlin Black View Post
Yep, the idea definitely has merit. And hey - half points! I didn't think of that with the second vote... Hrm. If the total-points-assigned-at-will idea is considered for future, I'd recommend 15 points. That way traditionalists can give 3 prompts 5 points each.
HAPPY POINTERS AND THE HALF-POINT PRINCE

HISSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSS THISSSSSS IS THE CHAOSSSSSS THAT ISSS AWESSSSSOME SAUCCCCCCE

Quote Originally Posted by Kjbartolotta View Post
Eurovision is deliciously cray. I'd like to change the rules for Summer Sisyphus to be more like it, so that we have to present our stories with elaborate costumes & sets and possibly pyrotechnics.
(BOOM)

Quote Originally Posted by Coddiwomple View Post
*blinks*

wut

elaborate costumes & sets and possibly pyrotechnics

i need to get out more
Eurovision is. Is something else. Like. It's. Aliens could land and try to take over the world and then they'd come across Eurovision and then they'd look at each other and be like, you. You can't make this shit up.

Quote Originally Posted by Justobuddies View Post
Hmmm...by that reasoning elder outer god avis get infinite points to distribute in a way that causes the most madness in everyone.

^^THIS.

Jay we need fire and crazy costumes.
Quote Originally Posted by Justobuddies View Post
But with costumes and FIRE! right? right???
Bonus points if you jump off of the Eurovision theme in your story! Anything goes! Sparkle goats! Singing! FIRE!

Okay who wants to volunteer to juggle the flaming sword?

Quote Originally Posted by Albedo View Post
This is all kind of like Eurovision, except made up entirely of those novelty acts out of former communist countries with demons and lasers and stuff.
IT'S LIKE EUROVISION X WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY

EVERYTHING'S MADE UP AND THE POINTS DON'T MATTER EXCEPT THEY DO

Quote Originally Posted by shortstorymachinist View Post
I'm only interested in arcane sets of point scoring mechanisms, like the longest chain of alliteration, or the most palindromes, or all sentences in a given paragraph ending in dangling prepositions.
Careful, don't tempt me, or I might just tell each person to use their own scoring mechanis next year, including penguins, imaginary numbers, and the ancient tongue of the Elder Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by SciSarahTops View Post
And extinct things ^^

Good Lord, this is torture, who's not voted yet? Why do you hate me?
Alert the doggos, froggos, and floofs!

Group calculated stare in 3, 2, 1...