The 2019 Sequel Solstice Story Share: The Sequel!

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
As the odd one out who seems to have taken the "short" in short story more seriously than most, *looks around anxiously, hoping no tomatoes are about to be lobbed her direction* I'd be perfectly fine with extending the deadline if people need more time.

My first two stories have been finished and beta'd and revised for weeks, so another week's wait won't hurt. :tongue (I'm still working on story #3. I think I can finish it by the 31st, but if I can't, no biggie.)

*runs away before anyone launches a missile at her*

I don't want to be that obnoxious kid who reminds the teacher about the assignment that was due, just because I've finished it

Last edited:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
This story had been tugging at my brain but I'm feeling like I might have to abandon it. IDK.

Norman Mjadwesch

vacuous eyes, will bark at shadows
Registered
Reaction score
Mine's done at 16K words but that doesn't factor in revisions, and I'm okay with that. I'll have it ready in time but am more than happy to agree to an extension; it's looking like there are a few here who might need it. As much as I'm looking forward to reading all of the stories, I'd sooner see everyone have enough time to finish to their satisfaction.

As the odd one out who seems to have taken the "short" in short story more seriously than most, *looks around anxiously, hoping no tomatoes are about to be lobbed her direction* I'd be perfectly fine with extending the deadline if people need more time.

Hey, Coddi!

:e2tomato:

My first two stories have been finished and beta'd and revised for weeks, so another week's wait won't hurt. :tongue (I'm still working on story #3. I think I can finish it by the 31st, but if I can't, no biggie.)

*runs away before anyone launches a missile at her*

I don't want to be that obnoxious kid who reminds the teacher about the assignment that was due, just because I've finished it

Ha! Too late! Because you are that kid.

Last edited:

Sue77

Registered
Reaction score
I agree, I'd like those that need it to have more time to finish what they've started to their satisfaction too.

I'm full of admiration for what Coddi has achieved - I've written just one short story and am aware I can't manage more this year.

This is what I'm going to over the Bank holiday weekend,

http://www.frightfest.co.uk/

One evening and four days of horror films! This is the eleventh year I've been. So excited I can't wait...… :snoopy:

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yes, I'm more than happy to have an extension if anyone needs it.

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Coddi!

:e2tomato:

Hey Dogface! I'll be seeing YOU on the guessing thread. We'll see how tough you are! *kicks dirt on the dog toes* :wag:

I agree, I'd like those that need it to have more time to finish what they've started to their satisfaction too.

I'm full of admiration for what Coddi has achieved - I've written just one short story and am aware I can't manage more this year.

Thank you, Sue. Good to see some of the folks around here are kind and polite, even to the annoying kid who finished the assignment early. :)

Norman Mjadwesch

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Dogface! I'll be seeing YOU on the guessing thread. We'll see how tough you are! *kicks dirt on the dog toes* :wag:

Gee whiz! You throw one tomato...

(when it could should have been a rock)

And yes indeed, you will be seeing me in the guessing. And I will happily accept your obeisance when I guess more points than you do. :D

Bronze breath.

Last edited:

J. A. Rama

Master Plot Hydra Conqueror
Registered
Reaction score
Website
phractalreality.blogspot.com
Dangit. Looks like the project I trunked yesterday is BACK ON!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I think I've lost count of how many times I've restarted my story. Looking at how short and rough it is currently, you would not be about to tell that I've spent WEEKS and WEEKS planning it out and agonizing over it.

Norman Mjadwesch

Registered
Reaction score
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I think I've lost count of how many times I've restarted my story. Looking at how short and rough it is currently, you would not be about to tell that I've spent WEEKS and WEEKS planning it out and agonizing over it.

So what you're saying is that you're the one who wanted the extension? Are you sure that two weeks is enough, your majesty? ;)

J. A. Rama

Master Plot Hydra Conqueror
Registered
Reaction score
Website
phractalreality.blogspot.com
So what you're saying is that you're the one who wanted the extension? Are you sure that two weeks is enough, your majesty? ;)

I'll have something to submit no matter when the deadline is! The only variation is maybe length or how many drafts it goes through. Sounded like at least a couple of people other than me either needed or could use the time.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Well, if you absolutely insist on extending the deadline, I guess I could take a little more time revising.

*Stares at stubborn draft, tearing at hair and muttering "I still have no idea how to fix this frellin' mess of an ending, dear gods what have I wrought upon the earth..."*

Norman Mjadwesch

Registered
Reaction score
I'll have something to submit no matter when the deadline is! The only variation is maybe length or how many drafts it goes through. Sounded like at least a couple of people other than me either needed or could use the time.

Oh, never fear, I'll be making the best use of that time. There is no such thing as too many drafts / edits. FML. :)

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
All right!

It looks like multiple people could use an extension, so the new deadline is now SEPTEMBER 15TH.
Thank you! I was about to nicely and officially ask for one myself yesterday. (And then I got sidetracked by a brexit discussion and left AW before coming to this thread to do so.)

I can see now (hah!) I will be needing that time anyway because everytime I say my eyes are getting better they decide to prove me wrong. So I didn't get to finish my draft in the weekend.

Wait, if the deadline's back to september the 15th, did I shift dimensions again, or does the timeline really wants that deadline and keeps reverting to it across realities? Hmm...

Norman Mjadwesch

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! I was about to nicely and officially ask for one myself yesterday. (And then I got sidetracked by a brexit discussion and left AW before coming to this thread to do so.)

I can see now (hah!) I will be needing that time anyway because everytime I say my eyes are getting better they decide to prove me wrong. So I didn't get to finish my draft in the weekend.

That really sucks about your eyes still not being better, Froggy. Hopefully no more lapses.

Wait, if the deadline's back to september the 15th, did I shift dimensions again, or does the timeline really wants that deadline and keeps reverting to it across realities? Hmm...

Ha, I was wondering the same thing.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Woo! Enough time to stretch out into novella territory, and have an ending!

Welcome back, MidLengthNovellaMachinist!

I can see now (hah!) I will be needing that time anyway because everytime I say my eyes are getting better they decide to prove me wrong.

Froggy, your EYEZ. WTF? You sure you didn't accidentally gaze at an evil painting or catch an eldritch abomination mid-transformation?

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Froggy, your EYEZ. WTF? You sure you didn't accidentally gaze at an evil painting or catch an eldritch abomination mid-transformation?
Yes, WTF is it with them eyes I know, right?

Hm, I think I'd remember seeing an eldritch abomination mid-transformation or otherwise, because then I'd be rolling on the ground screaming 'MYEYES!MYEYES! Oh the horror! THE HORROR!' Considering I'm not anywhere near that stage, I'm thinking no on the eldritch abomination mid-transformation hypothesis. Good try, though.

I didn't accidentally spy on bathing godesses with a mean streak either.

Would a dimensional shift may your eyes tear up like mad? Oh god, what if I'm allergic to dimensional shifts? That would be just my luck... In any case: New doc-visit tomorrow.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, WTF is it with them eyes I know, right?

Hm, I think I'd remember seeing an eldritch abomination mid-transformation or otherwise, because then I'd be rolling on the ground screaming 'MYEYES!MYEYES! Oh the horror! THE HORROR!'

The eyes remember what the mind cannot.

Also, I don't hear you ruling out evil painting.

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Well, the evil painting has me thinking a little bit, because of late I have been bingewatching this and this. And while both of them are so outworldly awesome and glorious (and in the latter's case definitely literally as well as figuratively)... well, if they're evil, I don't wanna be good?

Norman Mjadwesch

Registered
Reaction score
This Dark Lord is wondering if anyone needs a beta reader?

Only people* with no friends need apply.

*horses are not people and all requests will be refused.

Last edited:

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
*horses are not people and all requests will be refused.

Just because I am now a literal pain in the ass doesn’t mean it’s open season, Norm. Have compassion for my bruised... dignity.

(She says, as she drinks her coffee standing up. Forty more minutes, and I can wake up my son so he can get my Percocet scrip filled.)

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the extension. I'm gunna need it. I'm making some progress now, but I don't know if I'll have time to avail myself of the pup's kind beta service offering. I'll likely be writing this up to the last minute.