Commissioned Stories

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Hi, folx. This may belong in the business part of the forum, and if so, feel free to move it. I just thought I'd find more people who've had this situation here.

I've been approached as to whether I do commissions of erotic stories. Basically, they're looking for two ~3K erotic stories with characters in an established world. I've quoted a price (slightly under what appears to be the going rate for people who commission erotica, but it's new for me so I'm just quoting what I'd get from the site that's been publishing my shorts), but I don't know how to deal with most of the business concerns--contracts, copyright, editorial, etc. My gut was to just treat it like ghostwriting...write the story and give it to the person commissioning the thing to do with as they please, as long as I get paid my fee. That seems cleanest, but I don't know what I don't know.

So, tldr, is anyone here familiar with commissioning, and would you be willing to share on some of the business-side particulars?

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
I always included some kind of contract with my commissions. Something that says you are writing for "this person" and after the work is done, they have full 100% control over it.

I think I found a template online.

But I would definitely recommend one.