I'm Locked Out

saltylasagna

Registered
Reaction score
So apparently my entire family left to go somewhere today, and I have no idea where. My mom, dad, sister, brother, and two grandmas are all gone and didn't think to text me to tell me they'd be leaving. I didn't bring my house keys with me to school today because I didn't think I needed them.
I have no idea when they'll be back and I live in the middle of nowhere so I'm kinda just stuck in my backyard until they get home, but I'm not sure when that'll be. I'm kind of screwed if they get home late because there's a mountain lion that lives near my house and it likes to roam around when the sun starts to set.
So yeah. Advice and entertainment would be cool

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh no! Is there no hidden key?

saltylasagna

Registered
Reaction score
Nope. No hidden key. But one of my grandma's just got home and said everyone left to go to the city (which is far away). I'm kind of pissed because I have a lot to do today and now I can't really do anything.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Any windows they leave unlocked on the second floor? I remember having a trashcan I would stand on and kinda shimmy up the rest of the way when I was a teenager/well into adulthood.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So grandma has no key either? Least you have company but what a bummer.

I have broken into my house more than once (my current house only once). I broke the handle on my sliding glass door because it was replaceable. It was nerve-wracking though because it could have broken the glass.

That reminds me, sometimes you can lift a sliding glass door out of the frame. And sometimes you can do that with sliding windows.

In other houses I've slid the credit card into the door frame and pushed it open. That doesn't work on deadlocks, obviously. And I found out here trying to use it that the door frame doesn't allow a card to go straight in.

Older locks on old windows are often easily opened with a little pushing on the window frame until the turning thing goes under the fixed lock thing and you can then push the window open.

Last edited:

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mountain lion going around!?

Holy !@#$

That's not good.

At least you have some company now with your grandma. Can you not contact your parents/siblings via phone or internet? You can get on here just fine...

saltylasagna

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah I couldn't contact them through the internet bc they don't check their emails or anything and I couldn't text them. I was using my school issued laptop and connecting to my home wifi from outside of the house.
Everything's all good now, they were just going grocery shopping in the city and didn't tell me. There was no way to get in (we have deadbolts on every door and all of the windows were secure) so I was stuck for a bit.