Seeking: one fun introduction title, never worn

willgraham

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name's Charzie, I am very new, though I have browsed here for a while without committing enough to actually registering.

I've been writing for pretty much all of my life, but it's only in the last year that I've forced myself to commit to a Novel(tm) - before this, I've spent a lot of time roleplaying on sites which has built my confidence (and improved my prose SO much... some of the things I used to write... oh man) but I'm ready now to tackle a new and independent challenge. I'm currently nearing the end of my first draft on a novel which I condescendingly describe as 'mild Victorian ghost erotica' when I'm trying not to make a big thing out of it, and 'it's like Middlemarch but less good and with more ghosts?' when I'm trying to sell it a little bit. I guess it falls somewhere in between, but it DEFINITELY has ghosts.

I'm excited to wander around the forums and hopefully get to know a lot of you! And very excited about finally having an actual draft of a book (touch wood), mostly so I can wrench it apart and make it better.

Reptile

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Charzie, let me have the honour of being first. I'm a few days newer but don't have the draft of a novel under my arm. Congratulations for that. As someone who has encountered a ghost or ghosts I love ghost stories.

I'm sure you will find all the encouragement, support and constructive criticism here that you need.

Let me say it again. Welcome!

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler. :welcome:

MadAlice

We're all mad down here
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, I'm...mildly interested in what "mild Victorian ghost erotica" would even look like.

willgraham

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome everyone!!

@Reptile I'd love to hear about your encounters with ghosts if you ever feel like sharing!

@MadAlice it is definitely something I am trying to figure the logistics out for, haha - but who DOESN'T want to be romanced by a slightly unnerving and wistful ghost ??? (the answer is almost certainly 'most people', but as long as it's not everyone I'm winning I think).

Reptile

Registered
Reaction score
Its not high on my priorities but perhaps I could post something in the non-fiction section when I feel more established. Its absolutely true and totally convinced me though no one every believes me.

Unfortunately there was no ghostly eroticism though there were lots of sleepless nights...

benacrow

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! Having a first draft is definitely a great accomplishment, and for sure something to be proud of. Best of luck!