Getting 'double posts' with 'updated' appearing between them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptile

Registered
Reaction score
I'm living in a temporary house with no internet connection and working with a personal hotspot on my mobile in a position that randomly gives 'no connection', 3G, or 4G.

A couple of times I've tried to post a 'quick reply' in a thread and get the message 'do you want to leave this thread?' If I click no I seem to be placed back where I was before trying to post. If I click 'post' again and click yes to the question, there is a long pause and my post appears but duplicated with the two version separated by the word 'Updated'. Is there anything I can do to prevent or correct this please?

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
I'm living in a temporary house with no internet connection and working with a personal hotspot on my mobile in a position that randomly gives 'no connection', 3G, or 4G.

A couple of times I've tried to post a 'quick reply' in a thread and get the message 'do you want to leave this thread?' If I click no I seem to be placed back where I was before trying to post. If I click 'post' again and click yes to the question, there is a long pause and my post appears but duplicated with the two version separated by the word 'Updated'. Is there anything I can do to prevent or correct this please?

No answer, but I just that happen to me, too. (Running Chrome on Win7, with regular broadband.)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Until someone who knows way, way more than I do comes along to solve this, please remember that it's always a good idea to save important posts (LBL critique is a good example) on your own device so you won't lose them if your connection with AW glitches.

Maryn, who critiques offline

Reptile

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to you both for your responses.

Good advice Maryn that I will follow.

Just wondering how involved it is to critique offline? That might be the best way forward for me while I'm living in such a remote place.

Status
Not open for further replies.