Who Is Your Favorite Author?

insolentlad

Registered
Reaction score
Website
insolentlad.com
Perhaps Tharckeray. I am fond of that entire line of British 'satirical' writers running from Sterne through Austen to Thackeray and Trollope, and on to Waugh.

But then I'm also a great fan of Tolkien and Hemingway.

JosieK

Registered
Reaction score
Vonnegut will always hold a special place in my heart! I'm also currently REALLY in to Robin Hobb

Morlay

Registered
Reaction score
Saul Bellow has been my favorite for a few years.

Nic Schuck

Registered
Reaction score
Cormac McCarthy! Blood Meridian has this otherworldly feel to it. You know the Judge is wrong, he does the most evil things imaginable. But at the same time McCarthy wrote him with such sharp wit and intellect that you can't not go along with every sermon he gives. The guy has been compared to a ton of things: Satan, a Djinn, the Gnostic Demiurge, God from the Old Testament, etc etc... but at the end of the day he's a literary giant focused on bringing everything in creation under his control. And it doesn't look like anything can stop him.

I think this is the greatest novel written in American Lit and the Judge the greatest character ever invented.

Shmoop

Registered
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with a little Terry Pratchett. So many great authors, too many to have just 1 fav :D