Cover of Suzanne Palmer's book Finder

AW Amazon Store

AW is an Amazon Affiliate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Unusual Vendor Setup at Convention?

Threaded View

I've never heard of this, but if the vendors are all going to be on the 2nd floor and it's advertised as such, then naturally anyone looking for merch will go to the 2nd floor to find the vendors. That said, I'd ask how the convention is communicating to fans the setup of the vendor hall, what other activities are taking place on that floor and what kind of signage will be onsite to point attendees to the second floor. And, are you guaranteed a hotel room on that floor if you are a vendor? I agree it sounds like a way for the convention to save money, but at least they aren't asking you to sell out of a random hotel room on any given floor where the rest of the vendors are spread out, too.

If you do decide to go, I suspect you'd keep your door open at all times so consider signage on/around the door that will be easy to understand from that perspective (as opposed to a booth setup where you can see the entirety of the booth in one glance). The good news is that you have the potential to get creative with signage and experientials inside the room if you're going to have the space. Do you know anyone else who is going to be a vendor at the convention, or could the convention organizer pair you with another bookseller? Maybe you can partner up and sell out of one of your rooms while having the other closed (where you can keep your personal things and take a break).
    Last edited by katiemac; 05-27-2019 at 08:02 PM.