Trump to Pardon (More) War Criminals

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
President Trump may pardon several U.S. service members who have been accused or convicted of serious war crimes, including the mass murder of civilians, the New York Times reported Saturday. On Friday, the Trump administration filed expedited requests for the necessary paperwork to issue the pardons on or just after Memorial Day — condensing what is normally a months-long process into a little more than a week.

The paperwork requests also come less than two weeks after President Trump pardoned another convicted war criminal, former Army First Lieutenant Michael Behenna, who, while deployed in Iraq in 2008, disobeyed orders, drove an Iraqi prisoner into the desert, stripped him naked, and shot him in the chest and the head. Behenna was convicted of unpremeditated murder a year later and was already serving a reduced sentence when Trump pardoned him.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/05/trump-wants-to-make-war-criminals-great-again.html

Undermining the rule of law and glorifying the brutality of murder, the times, they are achanging...

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
This is an appalling step on the march toward us becoming the next Nazi-like Germany. The case of Marine Chief Edward Gallagher is beyond sickening. The NYT has an article but I won't click on them. Instead, here is a Twitter thread that lays out the acts of the man FOX News is hailing as a "hero."

These people were all court martialed (or in the case of the Blackwater contractor, tried) by the military and Trump wants to even upend that? My sons have several friends in the military. I fear for all of them. When the US CoC gives the thumbs up to war crimes, none of our military members are safe.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Yet another explicit signal: don't worry about the "law", don't worry about "consequences", in this regime only white "Christian" American male lives matter, the rest are animals to be slaughtered in the streets. Step out of your cells and lock and load, gentlemen... the next battle is the cleansing of American soil.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
We're living in a grimdark reality now. The bad guys have won (for now, at least) and the world as we know it may be ending. Scenarios that were once dismissed (by conservatives and even by moderate liberals) as cartoonish dystopian alarmism are becoming reality.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
We're living in a grimdark reality now. The bad guys have won (for now, at least) and the world as we know it may be ending. Scenarios that were once dismissed (by conservatives and even by moderate liberals) as cartoonish dystopian alarmism are becoming reality.

Precisely. This is not a temporary glitch or aberration. This is not even localized to America. It's a global turn/degeneration, and will take at least a generation to resolve - if we haven't driven ourselves to extinction.

Back in 2016, I wavered between events being a Genesis "Land of Confusion" situation, or a Mike + The Mechanics "Silent Running" situation.

We're definitely in the latter...

Mike + The Mechanics, "Silent Running"

Auteur

Redacted
Registered
Reaction score
I never thought such a large percentage (40%) of the population would ever support a president who committed treason. But that's the state of our country right now. I don't see this ending well.

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I never thought such a large percentage (40%) of the population would ever support a president who committed treason. But that's the state of our country right now. I don't see this ending well.

They don't see it as treason. They see it as the way things should be.

A person who I viewed as a friend for ten years, recently revealed himself to be a white supremacist. He told me he had kept quiet during the Obama years, but now he says he finally has a president who can get things "back to the way they should be," as he put it. Meaning, with white men in control, and people of other races cowering in fear.

I knew this guy was conservative, but I had no idea until recently that he was a nazi.

Brightdreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
They don't see it as treason. They see it as the way things should be.

That is perhaps the most terrifying and disheartening part of this whole disaster: how many people whom we stood next to at Fourth of July parades were looking at a completely different flag, standing for completely different things, than I was raised to believe were America's ideal.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I knew this guy was conservative, but I had no idea until recently that he was a nazi.

That's also the source of my deepest unease & disappointment. That to them, the many many things about Orange Anus that trouble me are for them a feature, not a bug.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score

Don't worry. Trump is not a nazi. He's much worse. He's a narcissist. He only cares about how much adulation he will get out of this. As for the message this clusterfuck sends, Trump could not care less. He cannot see that far into the future.

If it gets him high, expect military crass to be knocking on the WH's door. Otherwise he'll dispose of Behenna like a spent paper tissue and not think twice about it.

-cb

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Have they given an official reason for this? Beyond pissing liberals?

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Have they given an official reason for this? Beyond pissing liberals?

How about this one:

Fox News host Pete Hegseth has privately encouraged Trump to pardon servicemen accused of war crimes
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/21/media/fox-news-pete-hegseth-trump-pardon-war-crimes/index.html

Fox News host Pete Hegseth has privately encouraged President Donald Trump to pardon some United States servicemen accused of war crimes, a person familiar with the conversations told CNN on Tuesday.

Fox News in the loop. Again. Please don't act surprised.

Hegseth has not been shy about his views regarding the servicemen. He has publicly advocated for their causes, and on Saturday, after The Times reported Trump was considering pardons, Hegseth expressed his support.
"God bless our Commander-in-Chief," Hegseth tweeted. "A true warfighter's President. This would be amazing."

What have I told you about the narcissist getting his fix?

Yeah, I told you so.

-cb

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
"A true warfighter's President.":crazy:
President Washington would be appalled. As would all the other presidents who actually served in the military and risked their lives for their country.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"A true warfighter's President.":crazy:
President Washington would be appalled. As would all the other presidents who actually served in the military and risked their lives for their country.

As would anyone with a functional brain, really.