Just one more thing...

JoB42

Registered
Reaction score
I think so. He was adorable, so how could he not?

Well, it's just that we never saw his wife, but he always talked about her when he was closing in on his target. Almost as if it were a way to mislead or make his suspect feel at ease with him.

Also, the number of stories he tells about his wife and her daily routines paint a different picture of her depending on whatever situation he's in.

I don't know. I just always wondered. Columbo never let the truth get in the way of finding the truth.

JoB42

Registered
Reaction score

Darn Google, takes the fun out of everything! So much for speculating, lol. I guess that answers it. The site makes a really good argument for her existence. A part of me almost wishes it didn't though. On some level, I prefer the idea that all his stories were just an elaborate and crafty part of his character.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Darn Google, takes the fun out of everything! So much for speculating, lol. I guess that answers it. The site makes a really good argument for her existence. A part of me almost wishes it didn't though. On some level, I prefer the idea that all his stories were just an elaborate and crafty part of his character.

TBF, continuity wasn't nearly as important an issue back then. There are plenty of Columbo inconsistencies. You should feel free to picture him in the wife-free version of the Columbo multiverse. :)

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
They're separated, she's an author and former teacher who lives in a small town in Maine (with one of highest murder rates in the country, weirdly...).

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
And the reason they separated was (depending on which one tells the story)
a) she kept butting in on his cases
b) he kept trying to out 'folksy' her.

Write it the way you want it, or, if they're paying, write it the way the packager wants it.