Top three games you've played the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.B. Auctor

Registered
Reaction score
Top two for me are online multi-player games which makes sense. Third game is Fallout: New Vegas, man I love that game.

1.) Team Fortress 2 = 697 hours
2.) Rocket League = 588 hours
3.) Fallout: New Vegas = 459 hours

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
It's rare for me to play any games long term. Multiplayer isn't my thing aside from the occasional couch co-op, and I get bored easily, so my longest games aren't all that long, comparatively.

1) Stardew Valley (126 hours)
2) Terraria (107 hours)
3) Potential tie between Borderlands 2 and Fallout: New Vegas. I played both on two systems, so I don't know how much time exactly I put into them. Steam has Borderlands at 62 hours and F:NV at 50, but I don't know how much I put into on the console version of each. Probably over 100 hours on each.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
1. Terraria
2. Minecraft
3. RPG Maker MV (technically a game maker, but I'm counting it).

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Team Fortress 2: somewhere like 1500 hours. I reset the stats one time so I'll never know exactly.

If you count all the Sim City games as one, probably like, I dunno, a year and a half?

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
On Steam, it is:

Audiosurf 2 : 1280 hours
Stardew Valley : 899 hours
Sid Meier's Civilization V : 731 hours

But I know I have played non-Steam games like the Baldur's Gate series, and the Dragon Age and Mass Effect games, for much, much longer. I have a habit of restarting a lot, as well as doing multiple playthroughs of games I like to be immersed in.

Alden

Registered
Reaction score
1. Guild Wars 2
2. Dota 2
3. Runescape

I'm not gonna list the hours because I'm scared to find out.

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
1. WoW. Absolutely no idea how many hours I've put in (or years), but even counting the five year break before I recently came back, it'd top.

The Sims would probably be number two, but once again, no idea on hours. If we go for Steam for 2 and 3 then...

2. Stardew Valley: 308 hours
3. Dishonored: 92 hours (a substantial jump down! Though possibly Portal 2 here, if you count the mod Portal Stories: Mel with it, as combined they're 100 hours)

DanielaTorre

Registered
Reaction score
Plantinumed Dark Souls 3 which took many, many hours and several playthroughs. Spent an inordinate amount of time on Destiny & Destiny 2. And if I told you how many hours I dedicated to playing Earthbound repeatedly over the years since I was 12, you'd think it's my favorite game ever. You wouldn't be wrong.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
And if I told you how many hours I dedicated to playing Earthbound repeatedly over the years since I was 12, you'd think it's my favorite game ever. You wouldn't be wrong.

You cannot grasp the true form of my respect for you.

sandree

Registered
Reaction score
I’m an old lady gamer☺️ and there are lots of games I can’t deal with - like most of those listed above. I would probably like Sid Meier’s Civilization if I could figure it out...

I play this one too much: Through the Ages for iPad

My son got me into: Dwarf Fortress

Lately - Castles of Mad King Ludwig

Last edited:

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've never gotten into online gaming, and over the past few years I've gotten away from gaming in general (because it uses time that I should be spending writing).

However, one of the big reasons I don't play anymore is that I haven't found a game that I enjoyed as much, from every aspect, as The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I played it on Wii, and it was such a gorgeous, immersive game that everything I've tried since then falls short.

Prior to that, I guess my other two big games were the PC versions of The Sims (and all its expansion packs), and the earlier versions of Sid Meier's Civilization.

Last edited:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
However, one of the big reasons I don't play anymore is that I haven't found a game that I enjoyed as much, from every aspect, as The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I played it on Wii, and it was such a gorgeous, immersive game that everything I've tried since then falls short.

That game always gets a bad rap, I can see the flaws but never quite understood why.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Really? I thought it was pretty well received. Other than some cut scenes that go on too long, I think it's darned near perfect, enough so I've played it again several times, just to re-experience it.

(Although I've always wished for a way to skip past that punishing wagon chase to Kakariko...)

Last edited:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Really? I thought it was pretty well received. Other than some cut scenes that go on too long, I think it's darned near perfect, enough so I've played it again several times, just to re-experience it.

(Although I've always wished for a way to skip past that punishing wagon chase to Kakariko...)

I present to you this Blake Sheldon Reacts to Zelda Games video as evidence. FWIW, it's one of my all-time favorites too.

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
OpenTTD, an opensource version of Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
Other than that, probably a bunch of SimCity, Rollercoaster and Zoo Tycoon, and Steel Panthers.
Played a ton of Harpoon back in the early days on a Mac, too.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I must have played hundreds of games over the years and each in its turn gave me enjoyment at the time but I rarely played any game more than once.

The only games I played for a second time or more -and remember - were a couple of the early Sid Meier Civilization games and -if they qualify- the DID Flight Simulators - especially Total Air War or the Eurofighter 2000.

I was very sorry to see DID stop production.

Last edited:

Teinz

Back at it again.
Registered
Reaction score
On Steam, it is:

Audiosurf 2 : 1280 hours
Stardew Valley : 899 hours
Sid Meier's Civilization V : 731 hours

But I know I have played non-Steam games like the Baldur's Gate series, and the Dragon Age and Mass Effect games, for much, much longer. I have a habit of restarting a lot, as well as doing multiple playthroughs of games I like to be immersed in.

I've sunk many hours in all Dragon Age games, aswell. Many characters and many endings require me to.

After those, I think I played HZD and Gears of War the most.

Margrave86

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, this question is a little skewed because it doesn't scale for game length, which can range from an hour session to infinity.

If we're going by my era, the PSX era, I could do ten playthroughs of Resident Evil or Metal Gear Solid in the same time it takes me to play a single Final Fantasy. I've probably beaten Final Fantasy VII ten times, which is 400-500 hours. I would then have to beat RE or MGS one hundred times to rack up an equivalent amount of time. So I've technically played Final Fantasy VII the most, yet since I started and finished far more individual campaigns for RE and MGS, I feel like I've played them more.

M.S. Wiggins

"The Moving Finger writes..."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So am I the only one (the sole dork, I guess) who obsessed over―and completed the museum collections, BTW!―Animal Crossing?

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
So am I the only one (the sole dork, I guess) who obsessed over―and completed the museum collections, BTW!―Animal Crossing?

Me too. One of my favorite games. Although I don't think I'll ever complete the museum because of that pesky mole cricket.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
I've pretty much lived in Skyrim for the past several years in my gaming time. I'll probably play it until I die of old age.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
I've pretty much lived in Skyrim for the past several years in my gaming time. I'll probably play it until I die of old age.

So many abandoned playthroughs trying to get the mod order just right, and I've still never beaten it. But I'm proud to say (and absolutely not as a response to the last four years in politics, I swear!) I've gone from being pro-Independence to absolutely delighting in smashing Ulfric's rebellion and handing the keys over the Imperials.

Status
Not open for further replies.