Top three games you've played the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moardragons

Registered
Reaction score
Skyrim for sure. Stealth archer, always.

The Sims 2 is probably a close second, just because I lived on it from ages 14-17. I had all the expansion packs and used the in-game story feature to craft elaborate, slow-paced family sagas. They weren't good but I learned how to do shot-reverse shot, which helped when I got to college.

After that, maybe Dragon Age: Inquisition. Not sure on the hours but finished it 3x. I feel sort of guilty now that I know how much developer burnout went into it, and how it wreaked havoc on Bioware, but I still love that game.

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
Hmm.

1) Guild Wars - over 10 years. Don't know exactly how many hours without logging in, but it's been a while.
2) Dragon Age - played through at least four different times as different classes/races
3) Final Fantasy XII (probably just beat out Horizon: Zero Dawn by a few hours)

guyjin37

Registered
Reaction score
Skyrim has caught quite a few of us :)

Then probably FFVI--when you're young and you have all the time in the world, you can really get a lot of mileage out of a game.

#3 would be WoW. MMOs are time sinks!

Earthling

I come in peace
Registered
Reaction score
I must have spent literally months on The Sims 2 in my teen years. I'm glad Steam didn't exist back then to count my hours.

Second is probably Minecraft.

I finally got Steam about two years ago and my biggest on there is Stardew Valley at about 700 hours.

M.S. Wiggins

"The Moving Finger writes..."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Me too. One of my favorite games. Although I don't think I'll ever complete the museum because of that pesky mole cricket.

HA! I remember that 'pesky mole cricket'. Last bug I collected was the bee. For me, completing the museum came down to one last painting, which took forever and many purchased forgeries.

Spaceranger82

Registered
Reaction score
If I had to pick three, they'd be, in no particular order: Perfect Dark, Pokémon Gold, Super Mario Bros.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't play video games anymore, but when I did:

1. Baldur's Gate + Tales of the Sword Coast Expansion (LOVED this.)
2. Civilization 3-4. (So many good times.)
3. Resident Evil 2. (I played all the different modes/viewpoints in the game.)
4. Silent Hill 2. (Had to cheat and add a fourth. AMAZING game.)

Cosmering

Registered
Reaction score
1. Friday the 13th on PS4 — my husband and I used to bond over murdering each other. A lot.
2. The Witcher 3. So much to do in that game.
3. Horizon Zero Dawn. Same as above, and also, beautiful story.

(This is all, if we're not counting the hours I put into Pokémon Silver as a kid.)

K.P. Iris

Just call me Iris.
Registered
Reaction score
Skies of Arcadia - My first JRPG I played in high school when it came out. Played it numerous times both on the Dreamcast and Gamecube. Pretty much know all the secrets like the back of my hand.

Final Fantasy XV - Put in nearly 500 hours into this game. The characters, sidequest, and the online friends I made while playing this game brought so much joy to me.

Fire Emblem Three Houses - Very recent but I’ve already sunk over 100 hours into the game in the past 2 weeks. This will easily be my favorite FE game just ahead of FE on the Gameboy Advance. Already I love how they handle the multiple story perspectives and the characters.

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
I only game to get out of one zone of work (helps clear the mind faster) before I do a different kind of work or task.

1. UpWords (2001, Hasbro Interactive, PC Game). Still works, yay.
2. Bookworm (online game).
3. Small games are probably all tied for this place. Quick play stuff like an online Flash game called Mumu.

I used to write adventure game walkthroughs, but stopped playing these like 15 years ago.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
For offline games I looked at sheer hours played over years and years, I'd have to say, hmmm

Probably Baldur's Gate (II more than I)
The Dragon Age franchise
Anno 1402

Though it's possible Skyrim has caught up to these as well.

For online games, WoW is probably still very much in the lead, even though I stopped playing years ago. I played that game almost every day for years. I play ESO nowadays, but much more sporadically.

chimneyswift

Registered
Reaction score
1. Baldurs Gate 2 - Great game, although a bit outdated now I think. Unique and interesting characters and an engaging story.

2. Star Wars KOTOR - same reasons as above but there are moral dilemmas you have to solve.

3. Final Fantasy 7 - played this when I was a kid and when it came out there was nothing else like it.

redpbass

Registered
Reaction score
1) Gran Turismo 2, on the PSX (remember when everyone called it that, instead of PS1?) I loved the cars and racing, and then found out about creating hybrids (using a cheat device like a gameshark to put parts from one car into another). Hybrids really opened the game up for me. I played that game constantly for half a decade, exploring all the possibilities of hybriding. Tons of fun. Everything from little boxy subcompact cars with 64000 hp to realistic alternate trim levels of classic muscle cars...tons of fun.

2) Uncharted Waters, on the SNES. Age of sail/exploration/trading game, with a little piracy if you want to go that route. The first game, not the second one where you choose from multiple characters. I played that game through so many times and learned how to handle the mechanics so well that I could reliably get the most difficult to recruit characters extremely early in the game, and worked out all sorts of trade routes to get money quickly. Sugar from Lisbon to Bordeaux, where you get porcelain, which sells for a good price everywhere else. Run that little trade route a few times until the value of the items start going down, and go from there. I would always circumnavigate the world several times not because it was required (it wasn't, ever), but because I was such a little nerd that I found it fun to map the entire world. Also utterly destroying both Spain and Turkey's merchant fleets and then the battleships they would send to hunt me down...so fun.

3) World of Warcraft. More addictive than fun, really, especially with the way the game has turned more and more toward a daily grind of the same bunch of quests, repeated for every. single. character. you want to keep active. I do find creating new characters and running through different starting areas fun, though.

Honorable mentions go toward Skyrim (PC), Minecraft (PC), Left 4 Dead (PC), Final Fantasy 7 (PS1), Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2), and Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES), but most especially to The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind (Xbox, then PC). Before Skyrim, before Oblivion, there was Morrowind...the first time I played it was mind blowing. The fact that you were essentially thrown out into this enormous, open world and could do pretty much anything you wanted was shocking at the time. It was the first real sandbox game I played, unless you count Uncharted Waters. Spent hours and hours messing around in that game.

kujo_jotaro

Registered
Reaction score
1. Final Fantasy VII. Fave game of all time and have completed it a dozen times. Last time was a couple of years ago and I refused to complete it without defeating all the weapons beforehand.
2. Metal Gear Solid. The first one on playstation was a real masterpiece. Great, original story with fantastic gameplay and that had a fascinating way of blending in real world political events.
3. Football Manager, simply for how many hours of my life I've spent on that game!

RedMargarita

Neck deep in research
Registered
Reaction score
Website
queerstrada.wordpress.com
Oof, I don't even want to think about the hours I've sunk into video games. But I can tell you that Fallout 4, Mass Effect Andromeda, and Stardew Valley seem to occupy most of my free time.

Biffington

Father of a thousand spawn
Registered
Reaction score
New Vegas
Baldur's Gate II
Stardew Valley

Over 500 hours on all of them.

World of Warcraft might have won a long time ago, but I haven't played it in a decade or so.

Telvetta

Pathfinder
Registered
Reaction score
Website
flightsinfantasy.com
Ok, this surprised me. Seeing all these games got me thinking. So what have I played the most? I'm betting it was Aion as I played pretty steady for 6 years. Then we started jumping around. I've spent a lot of time in Minecraft. But looking on steam I see I spent 2,217 hours in Ark: Survival Evolved. That doesn't seem possible. I can't think of a more frustrating game.

So beyond that nonsense:
1 Civ 5 - 644 hours
2 Elders Scroll Online - 554 hours
3 Grim Dawn - 432 hours

MythMonger

Willing to Learn
Registered
Reaction score
Dark Souls 2
Elder Scrolls: Morrowind (played it for years up until the RROD took my first Xbox)
Civ: Revolution

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
In three scant months, I may have clocked more time on Stellaris​ than any other game in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.