Robbie Pattinson is 'The Batman'

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
He's gonna play Bruce Wayne, at 32 being the SECOND youngest actor to do so.

Link

Divisive opinion time: He could be good!

Last edited:

Jolly-Boo

Please, call me Boo
Registered
Reaction score
He's gonna play Bruce Wayne, at 32 being the youngest actor to do so.

Link

Divisive opinion time: He could be good!

Christian Bale was 31 when Batman Begins came out. He looked older though.

It's not divisive at all. Those who are against it the ones who haven't seen his work since Twilight. He's grown into a wonderful actor since then. He's also got a starring role in Christopher Nolan's upcoming film.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Christian Bale was 31 when Batman Begins came out. He looked older though.

It's not divisive at all. Those who are against it the ones who haven't seen his work since Twilight. He's grown into a wonderful actor since then. He's also got a starring role in Christopher Nolan's upcoming film.

Heh, they seemed to have corrected the story since last night. Or I was trippin'. I liked RPat in Cosmopolis, definitely a role that convinced me he could play Bruce Wayne. As for Bats, well, the actor that plays Bruce Wayne is so rarely the same person on the suit. I'll admit to not knowing much about Matt Reeves and this project. Admittedly, I'm biased that all the best Bat-performers have been in the animated movies, start with Conroy, then Greenwood, then mmmaybe Will Arnett, and afterwards we can start talking live performers.

Jolly-Boo

Please, call me Boo
Registered
Reaction score
Heh, they seemed to have corrected the story since last night. Or I was trippin'. I liked RPat in Cosmopolis, definitely a role that convinced me he could play Bruce Wayne. As for Bats, well, the actor that plays Bruce Wayne is so rarely the same person on the suit. I'll admit to not knowing much about Matt Reeves and this project. Admittedly, I'm biased that all the best Bat-performers have been in the animated movies, start with Conroy, then Greenwood, then mmmaybe Will Arnett, and afterwards we can start talking live performers.

I think u were sniffing glue.

Matt Reeves directed the last two Planet of the Apes movies, and they are brilliant, so I'm definitely looking forward to this one (as long as WB doesn't interfere).

Interested. I didn't grow up on animated Conroy Batman, and each time I've heard him speak, it's just so bland. And maybe that's because it's a cartoon, and that's fine. It just feels distant to me. There isn't that emotion in his voice like when Bale's speaking to Alfred about his failures. And like or dislike Bale's Batman voice, when he's angry - not just regular angry, but beating Joker to a pulp angry, you can tell.

I have similar feelings toward's Hamil's. It's great, but there's hardly any variation in his voice like Leader's. Amusement, anger, annoyance, etc.

Will Arnett is great for Lego. Not lego ... not so much.

SageChild

Registered
Reaction score
He has a good range and the roles since twilight have been very interesting. Doing those Daniel Radcliffe things.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
I think u were sniffing glue.

*puts down glue*

No, I swear.

Those Apes movies WERE good tho, weren't they? Ok, I'm in.

TBH, Bale never quite meshed for me, tho I agree he's one of the best when it comes to Bruce's more human and relatable moments.

Laer Carroll

Aerospace engineer turned writer
Registered
Temp Ban
Reaction score
Website
LaerCarroll.com
I'll wait and see and hope for the best. But for now his turn in Twilight is still too clear in my mind, so I imagine No for me to watch. (Maybe just stream it when the cost gets down to $2.99 on Amazon.)

Prophecies

Registered
Reaction score
*fingers crossed this works out*
I liked both Affleck and Bale. Let's see what happens...

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
I think he's great actor. I thought he was great in Twilight. I think he'll be a great Batman - he can do brooding and he has a great jawline.

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I post on a forum where he is commonly referred to as Footface. It's either because

A) His face looks like someone stepped on it and squished it down

B) His profile resembles a human foot in profile

C) He always looks pale and sweaty, like a foot

D) He looks like he smells

Take your pick, but I find it amusing. I'm sure he'll be competent Batman, but then, I think all the Batmans up to now were pretty competent. I don't think it's a role that takes a lot of acting skills.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
… But for now his turn in Twilight is still too clear in my mind
Never saw those movies, so I have nothing to compare him with - Once the mask is on, he'll be fine. :e2paperba

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Soooooo....we're on the path where The Batman (Robert Pattinson) squares off against The Joker (Joaquin Phoenix), huh? That should be...sweaty.

Be still my heart.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Once the mask is on, he'll be fine. :e2paperba

Heh, to be That Guy (tm), usually the dude under the mask is someone else. :e2tomato:

Soooooo....we're on the path where The Batman (Robert Pattinson) squares off against The Joker (Joaquin Phoenix), huh? That should be...sweaty.

Be still my heart.

All the Bats and Jokers have been pretty sweaty, so I feel like it's on point.

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I still think Jack Nicholson made the best Joker.