AW is an Amazon Affiliate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Can anyone suggest some linked (by character) short story collections?

Threaded View

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler Richard White's Avatar
    Well, I'd recommend my own For a Few Gold Pieces More *grin*, but SF and Fantasy have a number of good collections. Fritz Lieber's Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser show up in several collections, Michael Moorcock's Elric cycle, The Thieves' World series focuses on the same group of characters shared among various authors.

A more SF vein would be The Voyage of the Space Beagle by A. E. van Vogt while listed as a novel read like a series of short stories to me. The Star Trek Corps of Engineers e-series was a monthly collection of novellas about the same crew, Roger Zelazny's "The Long A.R.M of the Law" collecition and My Name is Legion also might fit your bill. Also, Earthman's Burden and Hoka by Poul Anderson and Gordon Dickson are classic SF humor.

I'm sure people will be able to give you other examples. Maybe the St. Germain series (vampire tales) . . . can't remember if there were short story collections in there or not. Been a LONG time since I read them.
    Last edited by Richard White; 05-16-2019 at 06:40 PM.