Hi all. I'm writing some scenes set in a mansion, which I'm basing on Castle Hill in the Crane Estate of Ipswich, MA. I'll try to post pics. I'm struggling though, because none of my Google searches are helping me with the right terms for the parts of the mansion, particularly these two areas that jut out.

The ground floor:

6 and 3 are the parts I'm talking about. What do you call those? They're not wings, are they?