blue tree with lights

AW Is an Amazon Associate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Anybody else into model building?

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Spaceranger82's Avatar

Anybody else into model building?

First off, forgive me if this has already been posted elsewhere.

Second of all, I'm mainly into building model cars, trucks, tanks, and occasionally aircraft. Right now, I'm trying to look for something more interesting to do with an IS-3 heavy tank kit I have on my desk.
    In the beginning, there was darkness. And the darkness was without form, and void.

Sophipygian AW Moderator Alessandra Kelley's Avatar
    I’m rather boring. I mostly do tabletop roleplaying game figures (and some buildings and vehicles). I have a few aircraft and boat kits I’ve been meaning to get to ...

I used to, but I can rarely find the time nowadays. I started with tiny fighter planes. Fighter planes because I liked their aesthetic a lot. And tiny because I had to be mindfull of space.

I'm still very pleased with my Star Trek and Star Wars spaceship collection. Most of them are still on proud display, but some took a tumble and have been languishing in a box to be repaired for years now.

I even have two still in the box, sealed. Maybe in a few years time I can pull them out for a joint project with the nephews. That would be cool.
    Crede esse ranas.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Spaceranger82's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendly Frog View Post
    I used to, but I can rarely find the time nowadays. I started with tiny fighter planes. Fighter planes because I liked their aesthetic a lot. And tiny because I had to be mindfull of space.

I'm still very pleased with my Star Trek and Star Wars spaceship collection. Most of them are still on proud display, but some took a tumble and have been languishing in a box to be repaired for years now.

I even have two still in the box, sealed. Maybe in a few years time I can pull them out for a joint project with the nephews. That would be cool.
    I have a Mack CruiseLiner kit that I was working on with my father. He would assemble the thing while I painted the parts. We haven't gotten very far with it, but it's an interesting project.
    In the beginning, there was darkness. And the darkness was without form, and void.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceranger82 View Post
    I'm trying to look for something more interesting to do with an IS-3 heavy tank kit I have on my desk.
    Hi…

I’ve been sculpturing nearly all my life in Belgium and if ‘Friendly Frog’ shops in Namur, then there is the possibility that he/she has seen my work.
    Mostly jewellery…, but of recent, much more writing-related, (historical fiction) and thanks to it, it should provide me with my cover image.

Very easy to do, ‘cost-free,’ one-off pieces and could provide you with the necessary trees and bushes needed to decorate the tank.
    If anyone wants to know how, (‘jewellery’ for the ladies) just let me know.