New Member Saying Hi!

[email protected]

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all!

I am very new to the writing community, and I am excited to be a part of it. I just completed a first draft of a young adult novel and am hoping to get some feedback on it. Additionally, I am excited to see and learn from what others have written! This all feels a bit overwhelming, but I'm trying to dive in earnestly and not let all of the new information halt my forward progress.

A little bit about me:
--Lifelong reader and high school librarian who is currently between jobs; I start work at an elementary school in the fall
--Runner, hiker, indoor climber
--I have always wanted to write, and after years of not having the motivation/dedication I have finally put pen to paper fingers to keyboard!

Last edited:

JDWallawine

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Kate, I think you will get a lot of help here, there is an enormous amount of knowledge in this place.. I look forward to getting a look at your work.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Kate. Congratulation on your job next fall and YA work-in-progress.

Wow! An e-mail address as a username. My guess is you'll get lots of mail.

Reptile

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Kate,

I'm new here myself and impressed that you have already written a first draft of a novel.

There is some great talent here and I'm sure your novel will receive quality feedback.

Looking forward to reading your work.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

TheListener

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: Hi Kate. Looking forward to reading some of your works when you get there. Lots of good info on this site.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: - Kate! - Shout out to the Commonwealth of Virginia - (I'm just outside the city of Richmond) - You're gonna love it here...

That is, unless you run into some of the Old Poots who will steal your Lime Jell-O, and hide your bed pan) :poke:

SWPelzer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi. I am in the same boat as you...new to the site, with a draft finished (but mine is mystery/suspense, not YA) I have had a good time exploring the site and recommend you take some time to do so as well. There is a LOT here.