Hello from Newbie hoping to get published soon

Mr. Hopeful

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm a newbie to this forum but I like to think I'm an old hat at trying to write a novel. 4 years since I started, I finally completed my MG Contemporary Fantasy manuscript of 96,950 words. And having just finished both my query letter and 2-page synopsis, my hands are starting to sweat and I feel a headache coming. I wonder if this is how it feels to be incredibly nervous about sharing your work with the world?

Anyways, I figured joining a forum for writers is the best way to figure out how to get my manuscript published so I'm looking forward to interacting with the community!

Thanks,

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to have you here. Everybody who's ever sought trade publication knows exactly how you feel, for the record.

Reptile

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Mr.Hopeful,

You are certainly much farther down the track than I am.

We need to make fifty posts before we can start a new thread and I'm still working on that.

I think there are some extraordinarily talented people around here based on the shared work that I've seen and the very illuminating crits.

I'm sure you you'll receive lots of helpful feedback about your work and god advice about getting it published.

Looking forward to reading your work and hoping that you find what you are looking for.

Mr. Hopeful

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the greetings! :D I'll do my best to be productive here as well. Can't wait to read other people's works.

JDWallawine

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Mr. Hopeful!

I know exactly how you are feeling. I have spent the last few months trying to get an agent after finishing my manuscript. After receiving a few rejections, and several more queries left without response, I was directed here by a rejecting agent.

The people here are great from what I have seen and have already been a lot of help even before I have been able to post my work!

birdy50

Registered
Reaction score
Same boat here! Almost finished with first novel, will be sending out queries soon! Excited to go about the process and learn from others. Keep us abreast!

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome, Mr. Hopeful. Join the rest of us hopefuls in hoping. :greenie

benacrow

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! Definitely feel the same way with regards to sharing your work, but if you don't share it, no one else will ever know how good it is!

Skylord Pendragoon

Registered
Reaction score
Hello.

I haven't published much. I think that it may be due to the simple fact that I am a perfectionist when it comes to writing, and my stuff is never done in my eyes. I hope to be able to help you the best I can. I am a brutal critique. I critique writing like Gordon Ramsey critiques food. During the process you may call me an a**, but by the end of it I hope to make you into the finest writer you can be. I want the best for every writer that I critique a story from. I am, personally a writer of fantasy with a sci-fi twist, and hope to receive the same kind of criticism for my work. I also hope that by the end of it all we can also be good friends. Best of luck to you and your future.