HUD says 55,000 children could be displaced under Trump plan to evict undocumented immigrants

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
HUD says 55,000 children could be displaced under Trump plan to evict undocumented immigrants

The Department of Housing and Urban Development acknowledged that a Trump administration plan to purge undocumented immigrants from public housing could displace more than 55,000 children who are all legal U.S. residents or citizens.

The proposed rule, published Friday in the Federal Register, would tighten regulations against undocumented immigrants accessing federally subsidized housing to “make certain our scarce public resources help those who are legally entitled to it,” HUD Secretary Ben Carson said last month.

But the agency’s analysis of the rule’s regulatory impact concluded that half of current residents living in households potentially facing eviction and homelessness are children who are legally qualified for aid.

What? It's not like they're embryos.

Isn't displaced a benign term? Whatever happens to those children under this administration won't be good.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
"Scarce public resources." In one of the 3 wealthiest nations in the world. With a proposed military budget of $716 BILLION.

MORE importantly, a country spending $775/NIGHT PER PERSON to house asylum seeking kids in tent camps. That's $23,250 per person a month, $279,000 per person per year(!), the vast majority of which is paid to the private prison industry.

Give me a f***ing break with "scarce public resources."

Last edited:

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
"Scarce public resources." In one of the 3 wealthiest nations in the world. With a proposed military budget of $716 BILLION.

MORE importantly, a country spending $775/NIGHT PER PERSON to house asylum seeking kids in tent camps. That's $23,250 per person a month, $279,000 per person per year(!), the vast majority of which is paid to the private prison industry.

You said exactly what I was about to.

The hypocrisy of this move is beyond words on so many levels.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And some people doubt this man is causing irreparable damage to this country. :(

The ignorant ones aren’t the ones I fear. I fear the ones for whom all this a feature, not a bug, to be cheered for. I see them, and I understand how Nazism and Hitler arose.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
The ignorant ones aren’t the ones I fear. I fear the ones for whom all this a feature, not a bug, to be cheered for. I see them, and I understand how Nazism and Hitler arose.

+1, though they couldn't do it without the silence of the ignorant (willful or otherwise.)

As for the main topic, one would think they'd figured out how to extract oil from the tears of children, given how gleefully this regime acts to hurt them.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You lot are bleeding cash.

U.S. National Debt Hits Record $22 Trillion
https://www.npr.org/2019/02/13/6941...trillion-a-new-record-thats-predicted-to-fall

-cb
Speaking of funding our deficit, why is Trump poking China with his stick? :poke:

Investopedia: China took the top spot among foreign creditors at $1.123 trillion, followed by Japan, at $1.042 trillion, as of December 2018.

I have to admit, I had the impression it was a lot more than that. That's only ~5% of the total.
Breaking Down Ownership of US Debt
By mid-2017, the total amount of official debt owed by the federal, state and local governments was more than $19.4 trillion. That figure was $22 trillion, as of Feb. 17, 2019. Some experts add more than $120 trillion in unfunded future liabilities on the federal government balance sheet.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
The money used to take care of immigrants will be used to *take care* of immigrants.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score

If your government took the money from the private prisons and spent it on social housing, you could house all the immigrants and all your homeless citizens. Then Trump would go down in history with something good to his credit.

Because if the 'prison industry' is an industry, and therefore to be bowed down to, what are landlords, and are they not also an industry worthy of respect?