Hi, everybody!

UchronianSteve

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there, folks.

I'm a longtime reading enthusiast from TX who started writing stories about a decade ago, and more recently became a self-published author. I have a very wide range of tastes, but perhaps my most favorite genre may be that of alternate history(or allohistory, or whatever one may wish to call it), and it's also what inspired my username, since that's the primary genre I write within.

I came here mainly for the community, but I'd also like to see how I can improve my writing and would like to eventually(once I reach 50 posts, that is!) be able to get feedback from fellow writers from time to time on pieces I'm working on.

Anyway, that's basically it in a nutshell-hope to enjoy my time here.....=))

TheListener

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I am a newbie too. Sounds like your genre is fascinating.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

UchronianSteve

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everybody! :D

Welcome. I am a newbie too. Sounds like your genre is fascinating.

It is, it is. Got into it over a decade ago thanks to H. Turtledove and a few others, and haven't looked back since.

I love Alternate History genre writing!
What periods do you like to write for the most?

Well, if I may, I kinda mainly focus on where the story is set, though at least for America, I have favored PODs right around the time of the Revolution as it gives me more possibilities to work with.

:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Thanks, and will do. :)

Thanks!

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Really nice introduction, Steve.

In an alternate history, Texas might become northern Mexico, right? If not, maybe "The Lone Star Country" instead of "The Lone Star State." Either way, we'd need to move the US Border Patrol to southern New Mexico and Oklahoma.

Allohistories are fun. :greenie

:welcome:!

UchronianSteve

Registered
Reaction score
Really nice introduction, Steve.

In an alternate history, Texas might become northern Mexico, right? If not, maybe "The Lone Star Country" instead of "The Lone Star State." Either way, we'd need to move the US Border Patrol to southern New Mexico and Oklahoma.

Allohistories are fun. :greenie

:welcome:!

Hey there, Chase.I've actually had a few TL ideas(as of yet unwritten in most cases), that involve either an independent *Texas or one that remained part of Mexico(as well as a few with *Texas split between the U.S. and Mexico); both possibilities, I think, would be quite fun to work with, perhaps indeed including a few bits on how a *Border Patrol might deal with issues along the border with an Independent or Mexican Texas/Tejas. ;)

Welcome to AW! :welcome:
I loved all those alternate history books by Harry Turtledove, and used to get so many out of the library!

Thanks for the welcome. I actually do have a few myself, believe it or not, mainly from the "Southern Victory" trilogy. :D

Thanks, Daniel, and appreciated. :)