Foster animal tales

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Two days ago my family became foster parents to a cute, fluffy grey kitten we called Pepper. This is out first time being fosters.

Is anyone else here a foster parent for animals? If so I'd love to here some cute, fun stories about your foster animal.

Here are two cute stories about Pepper:

Firstly, she will sometimes meow when she eats. Yep. She mews in between bites. I myself haven't witnessed this but my mom has.

Secondly, she had just finished eating and ran to me. I flipped open the dictionary to a page to teach Pepper a new word and she spit out her food piece on the word crabby. Is she trying to tell me something? :roll:

Anyways, those are my stories. How about you? Got any cute ones?

M.S. Wiggins

"The Moving Finger writes..."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have one. I fostered a Lhasa Apso (about 4-5 years old) and I took her to the vet's office for a routine spay. While we were in the crowded waiting room, she starts humping my leg. I stopped her, obviously, but then she did it again and again and sized up other nearby legs for potential humpage! Everyone in the waiting room laughed (and kept their legs and dogs at a distance). Turned out, it was not a routine spay but an emergency pyometra spay. Later, the staff informed me she humped all the way to anesthesia. The dog’s name was, and still is, Bonkers. I know her ‘forever family’ well and they keep me updated on Bonkers; she’s healthy, happy, spoiled, and getting dog-old (she’s about 12-13 now).

Last edited:

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that is strange! I have a lhasa and my friend has multiple lhasas, and I've never seen that behavior in them.

OTOH I knew a female dog, a poodle-terrier mix, that loved to hump her toy.

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
My younger sister is calling us "foster failures" because everyone in my family is super attached to the kitten, Pepper. We might keep her! :)

Skylord Pendragoon

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, and pleasure to meet you all.

My mother is also a foster parent failure, so this is more of a rescue story, rather than a foster story. So, there are two dogs that my mother had rescued. The first is that she fostered a small dog we named Lilly. We couldn't figure out what breed she was for the life of us. All that we could tell was that she had a chihuahua head with a pit bull body, yet she only stood to be about 1' 5", or so. Most likely smaller. She was found within some woods in Chicago, and somehow made her way to California with the help of some foster agents and several animal shelters. She had scars from being infested with ticks, and was skittish as all hell. When we first took her in she wouldn't even walk around at all for the first two weeks. It was kind of sad. However, after the second week she started moving around and checking things out. She also won't stop humping legs... Yes she is female, humping legs. The funniest part here is this didn't start until after she got fixed, yeah, afterwards... What did they do wrong? I haven't got the faintest clue in the world.

The other story is when we moved to Wabeno Wisconsin to work on an organic farm. Here we met a dog that just came up to us at our farm stand. A beautiful part husky, part blue healer. Long story short, we posted a bunch of lost dog posters everywhere, but we started to fall more and more in love with her. Then when we got a call from her owner, that came to pick her up, he was saying that she always gets off of her lead and runs away. We were already suspicious of this man due to the dogs reaction to certain things. She won't even play fetch. If you throw the ball, she would flinch. Someone say abusive? To top it off, loud noises get her all sorts of nervous. Last, but not least her owner looked like a d*** meth head. Very sad, but couldn't just take his dog either, so we gave him our information. About a week, or so later she escapes, and actually found her way back to our house. What! What are you doing here? Lol! The guy calls us again and says that we can keep her. A friend of the family decided then to name her Kieya. We also found out that she is most certainly a Houdini dog. Even with a harness, the lead poses little challenge for her. First she backs up until the lead is tight, then she will lift her front paws, and lean back. The harness, or collar that she is wearing just slips right off like a shirt. The most hilarious thing I have ever seen a dog do.

In the end of it all, it has been quite a few years and both dogs are now spoiled rotten by my mother and sister. Happy and content with their doggo lives. Lilly proves to be the dominant While Kieya is the instigator to a fight. Lol! It's funny to watch them play because Kieya is way faster than Lilly, and it makes her supper angry.

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Cool stories, Skylord!

*Sigh* Our kitten is growing up so fast. Problem is...she bites. They're not hard bites. Just tiny, playful bites, but I know we need to get her to stop doing it before she gets bigger. When she's bigger those bites will hurt, I suspect.

Any tips on how to get a kitten to stop biting?

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
Cool stories, Skylord!

*Sigh* Our kitten is growing up so fast. Problem is...she bites. They're not hard bites. Just tiny, playful bites, but I know we need to get her to stop doing it before she gets bigger. When she's bigger those bites will hurt, I suspect.

Any tips on how to get a kitten to stop biting?

Hope this isn't too late, but a good way is to exaggerate how much it hurts. Her litter-mates would tell her when she's being too rough.

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Hope this isn't too late, but a good way is to exaggerate how much it hurts. Her litter-mates would tell her when she's being too rough.

Wow. Thanks. No, you're not too late. :e2cat: My family was actually just discussing how to get her to stop the other day.

Last edited: