I finished self-editing my book!

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
I know this isn't anything like getting published, but...I MADE IT! I feel so proud of this book, and now others are going to read and edit it. I'm so happy! It took me 5 drafts and 630 days (1 year, 8 months, and 22 days), but I'm finally done!

:Jump::Jump::TheWave::Jump::Jump:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
High five! Come with me--we're getting ice cream.

Maryn, proud of you

Auteur

Redacted
Registered
Reaction score
I know this isn't anything like getting published, but...I MADE IT! I feel so proud of this book, and now others are going to read and edit it. I'm so happy! It took me 5 drafts and 630 days (1 year, 8 months, and 22 days), but I'm finally done!

:Jump::Jump::TheWave::Jump::Jump:

Congratulations! That's a major accomplishment! :)

Random_Coffee

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Starry! Any tips you want to share for those who haven't crossed that bridge?

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Starry! Any tips you want to share for those who haven't crossed that bridge?

Love your work. Even when you hate it, love it.

Also, set a goal so you know when you are going to stop editing. If I hadn't put my foot down before the beginning of the last draft saying "This is the final one" I would probably still be editing today.

Moardragons

Registered
Reaction score
I'm excited for you. One of the best feelings is sending my "finished" work to others and getting feedback. Writing can be so lonely, it's nice to finally get to that stage where the work you put in exists outside of your own sphere.

And less than 2 years for 5 drafts isn't half bad! I bet you got some great work habits out of it.

Congrats!

benacrow

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! That's a huge step! Best of luck moving to the agenting process!

redstick

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimriley.net
You have my utmost respect. Self-editing is something I suck at. Had to subscribe to one of those software packages. For those who can do it on their own, I tip my hat.