is the writer an artist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Our cat knew exactly what page of the book or newspaper I was reading and would sit on that page.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Our cat knew exactly what page of the book or newspaper I was reading and would sit on that page.
Oh sure, but would it go out into the cold, bound joyously down to the fence, PICK UP THE NEWSPAPER IN ITS CLEVER MOUTH and bring it inside for you to read? Just to help? Because Good Boy?

I do not think so.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My cat is a great book lover. (She eats paper.)

So does my bunny. That obviously makes her a literary critic of great discernment. Fortunately her commentary is easily swept up.

Apparently our phone bill is a work of tremendous taste and significance.

I can see this thread morphing into yet another version of Lit v Genre (pleeeease?? We haven't had one for ages!) where the cat is lit, the bunny is genre - and the pup is a Very Good Boy.

eqb

I write novels
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.claireodell.com

This is my Octavia, sitting on my latest editorial letter:

Octavia2.jpg

Oh sure, but would it go out into the cold, bound joyously down to the fence, PICK UP THE NEWSPAPER IN ITS CLEVER MOUTH and bring it inside for you to read? Just to help? Because Good Boy?

My spouse does that. (Well, not in his mouth, but still.)

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
I can see this thread morphing into yet another version of Lit v Genre (pleeeease?? We haven't had one for ages!) where the cat is lit, the bunny is genre - and the pup is a Very Good Boy.

My pup has a weak bladder, and has been known to leak on pages. Would that be lit or genre?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score

I do not think so.

Well . . . no, but she did bring us spiders. And the dog ate the couch. Also parts of the Jeep. And the truck. And a pound of raw hamburger he stole off the kitchen counter where it was thawing. I'll have to ask if he's eaten any books yet.

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
That’s quite enough, all you philistines! My cat has created the best possible world, and she will not have her terms contradicted. Go take your spider-eating, letter-squatting, phone-bill-eating purveyors of bad taste and hoof it. What do you know about art?

Leaking pups, indeed. (That goes double for Marissa’s bunny.)

Last edited:

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
That’s quite enough, all you philistines! My cat has created the best possible world, and she will not have her terms contradicted. Go take your spider-eating, letter-squatting, phone-bill-eating purveyors of bad taste and hoof it. What do you know about art?

Leaking pups, indeed. (That goes double for Marissa’s bunny.)

Oh, I dunno. I think there's a spot for Admin's truck eating pup in Koons' newest exhibition. :wag:

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
My cat is both creator and critiquer. She often walks across my keyboard deleting the last few pages and adding her own special brand of a string of ampersands and y’s. It often moves me to strong emotions.
Don’t worry, with some training, I’m sure you can get him to carry it in his mouth.

Oh, I dunno. I think there's a spot for Admin's truck eating pup in Koons' newest exhibition. :wag:
I would pay to see it.

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score

Don’t worry, with some training, I’m sure you can get him to carry it in his mouth.

I've found that dogs are easier to train . . . and cheaper to feed, too.

Ah, but the real question is, if a Good Boy husband picks up a newspaper in his clever mouth and bounds joyously through the cold to bring it to you, is it ART?

My cat sez... no.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
I would pay to see it.

I'm pretty sure I did. :ROFL:

Ah, but the real question is, if a Good Boy husband picks up a newspaper in his clever mouth and bounds joyously through the cold to bring it to you, is it ART?

My cat sez... no.

That depends. If he does it without adjectives and increasing tension, yes.

Laer Carroll

Aerospace engineer turned writer
Registered
Temp Ban
Reaction score
Website
LaerCarroll.com
I am. And I make good money at it too. (This is a recent happenstance, and may go away any moment!)

Status
Not open for further replies.