Not open for further replies.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
I've finally gotten my research and footage together to start making art videos.

My first one is finished and up, comparing several brands of acrylic paint which use the same pigment (Quinacridone magenta, PR122) and their suitability for tabletop rpg miniatures (and other uses):

https://youtu.be/zwonRqv0Xgk

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
That was an interesting primer on painting miniatures... (get it? :) ). It was a bit hard to follow because you spoke really fast, but I was able to slow down the play on YouTube to catch it all. It reminds me of another tutorial I saw on painting miniatures I saw a while back.

Was embedded in an email I got on Articulate and the demo was a great example of how to use the software in online class content (check it out here if you like), but there was also a link to a guy who did some fabulous paintings on miniatures on YouTube as well here. It was a much longer video, but may be something else for you to explore in your own channel as you move forward.

Great stuff you got there on different paints, and I like the bg music! :)

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well done! Great info.

I agree with Jason though that you talk very fast; just on the edge of listenability, to be honest. I had trouble retaining the information at that speed. It felt rushed, or like a setting on the video was wrong somewhere.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well done! Great info.

I agree with Jason though that you talk very fast; just on the edge of listenability, to be honest. I had trouble retaining the information at that speed. It felt rushed, or like a setting on the video was wrong somewhere.

Maybe there's a happy medium because I liked the fast pace. I prefer transcripts to these kinds of informational videos because the videos are usually so painfully slow. So I preferred the information zipping along. There wasn't anything complicated that needed slower details.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:Clap: With the exception of the "fast talking," it was very well done - :Hug2:

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
This one was awesome - I have a niece in Art school and would love to be able to understand her mediums more to be able to “talk shop” with her so this actually really helped! Flow was great and speed/volume was perfect. Today I subscribed:)

BigJ1

Registered
Reaction score
Nice work on your channel! I checked out the video you posted here and you got a subscriber :) I'm also a relatively new YouTube writing channel, and one of the biggest tips people have given me is to talk slower. I tend to pick up the pace the more excited I get. I do really like how you demonstrate everything you talk about visually, which is huge for people like me.

My channel is http://bit.ly/roadsidewriter if you'd like to compare or connect! I do fun, funny, and interactive writing help videos :)

Happy writing, all!

Status
Not open for further replies.