This Writer is Taking a Siesta

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
For awhile now, my writing has suffered. The creativity is dead. The imagination soared away without me.
This happened way before my husband died a few months ago. In fact, my writing had already gone with the wind by that time.
So, for now, it is good-bye. I have been with AW since its inception around 2001, when it was only three boards: fiction, non-fiction, and screenwriting.
I did well for the first decade or so, then my brain went on stand-by. And now I find I don't even log on here much.

I will always hold AW dear to me, for so many of you have been my online friend, and I still remain friends with many on Facebook.

Sending virtual hugs!

soulrodeo

Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Aw. I’ve lurked for here for years and read probably thousands of your posts. The board will be sorry to see you go. Wish you well. :Hug2:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Stormie, I wondered where you were and am stunned to hear your sad news. You know you're always welcome here, a pleasure to have around, whether you write or just talk with us. Please continue to stop in now and again.

Maryn, with a hug and a tear

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
You've been a familiar and welcome part of AW for the whole time I've been here. I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish you all the best, and if you wish to return here in the future, I will be very glad to see you.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
For awhile now, my writing has suffered. The creativity is dead. The imagination soared away without me.
This happened way before my husband died a few months ago. In fact, my writing had already gone with the wind by that time.
So, for now, it is good-bye. I have been with AW since its inception around 2001, when it was only three boards: fiction, non-fiction, and screenwriting.
I did well for the first decade or so, then my brain went on stand-by. And now I find I don't even log on here much.

I will always hold AW dear to me, for so many of you have been my online friend, and I still remain friends with many on Facebook.

Sending virtual hugs!

You'll always be welcome Stormie. You take care of you. We'll be here when you're ready to come back.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Take care of yourself, Stormie. Good thoughts are with you. I remember you well, Kindest, Bufty :Hug2:

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
stormie - I am so sorry for you loss. :Hug2:

You were one of the first people I 'chatted' to when I joined AW, and I always looked forward to your posts. You will be missed.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so sorry for your loss!

I understand when the writing flame flickers out. At first I was frustrated, then I was sad, then I saw the opportunity to experience new things and be fulfilled in new activities while being grateful for the joy writing provided at one time. Perhaps the writing bug will come back for me (it sometimes reminds me it's there) or maybe it won't.

Whatever happens for you, know that this community here at AW is stronger for your participation, and you have touched tons of lives. I do hope you'll be back, of course!

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am sad to hear this, and so sorry to hear about your husband. I'm sending big hugs, and hope we'll see you again when you're ready.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so sorry about your husband, stormie. Wishing you comfort and strength, and ready to welcome you with open arms should you decide to visit AW again.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm tearing up just writing this, my Dear Friend... :cry:

So very, very sorry about the loss of your Husband, and also sorry to hear that you're leaving AW - You were one of the first "friends" I made when I joined this site, and we've had some great times "chatting" over the last 10 years.

While you will be sorely missed, we understand that you have to do what you feel is best for you.

You (Miz Stormie Weather) will always be in my thoughts, my prayers, and my heart. :heart:

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Hi Guys,

I just checked in after a long time away. You are all a wonderful group of friends! I see many AWers on Facebook and I post my escapades in life there. (The beach this past summer was a bit interesting....)

I only write for myself now, but I'm fine with that. My sons and I are okay and making our way through life; same book, new chapter.

I love you all!

~Anne Skalitza~

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Hugs and condolences for your loss.

Hope you come back soon.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I only write for myself now, but I'm fine with that. My sons and I are okay and making our way through life; same book, new chapter.

I love you all!

~Anne Skalitza~

You're one of ours, so please keep in touch.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Stormie! So nice to hear from you.

Years ago, when I wasn't able to sell anything I wrote, I whined aloud to The Kid, who was in college at the time. What's the use, I asked. Why even write?

And her answer was golden. Did I enjoy the process? Was it fun thinking up and rounding out characters, creating setting, crafting a plot that worked, putting it all in words, then refining the telling until I couldn't see ways to improve it further? Then I was indeed getting plenty out of writing, even if I only wrote for myself.

I bet you're getting plenty as well. And we're just tickled to see you again.

Maryn, not as smart as her offspring, apparently

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. You need to take care of you. Writing will be there, and so will the forum, if you come back!

stephenf

Registered
Reaction score
Unfortunately, change can be like a crushing steam roller . But I hope you will see the sun rise agine and listen to birds singing .

Last edited: