An English Period Drama (satirical video)

Curlz

cutsie-pie
Registered
Reaction score
So true ;). But so lovable, too.

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
That was hilarious! I'm usually pretty good with British accents, but I did have some trouble understanding some of what they were saying.

Not to get *too* serious, but there may be something worth thinking about underneath the humor in regard to avoiding the "stock" historical character. It isn't confined to British period dramas, of course. You can translate those stereotypical characters and storylines to other periods in history, too. Just a friendly reminder, I guess, to write well-rounded characters. Which is a truism, obviously, but still worth thinking about.

CWatts

down the rabbit hole of research...
Registered
Reaction score
“Keeping teenagers from the living room for generations!”

( PARENT: “God, the ball gowns are beautiful...”
TEENAGER: “Auuugggh ...” )

Succinctly put. :ROFL:

Hilarious!

Unless of course they're nerdy teenagers like I was, slogging through Middlemarch.

That was in ye olde VCR days and yes, there was fast-forwarding to get to the scenes with Rufus Sewell as Will Ladislaw.

Sonya Heaney

Registered
Reaction score
I *write* this genre. I think the most hilarious thing in the video is the background image of the Painted Hall of Chatsworth House. I love that stately home, and was there only a few months ago, but I swear, if I see one more movie or miniseries using it (Keira Knightley and every Jane Austen-themed thing since the early 2000s, I'm looking at you)… It’s the most overused setting in the whole world of period drama!

L.C. Blackwell

Keeper of Fort Blanket
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just trying to remember the last time one of my characters was announced into a room. :greenie