2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
I'm surprised the Knicks are still interested. Makes sense for KD to take the one year in GS, take the money, and try to make his big free agent splash next season.

I was also surprised by the timeout call. All the momentum was going for the Raptors and then after the timeout it went for the Warriors.

I won't be able to see the game live tonight but I will be watching a re-air of it when I get home. Hopefully ESPN doesn't put the little score banner underneath the same game they are re-airing. You're watching a re-airing of a game because you don't know who won and want to see it with the same excitement but then they show you the final score at the bottom of the screen. Stupid!

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
I'll refrain from posting about the game until you return. :D

I appreciate it!

It's not necessary though, I will be sure not to check the forum until after I see the re-air. Please post whatever you like during the game!

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! I have never seen a game like that.

Rest of my comments are reserved until the people in the thread are all here.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
ARG! This ESPN re-air of the game is infuriating. First they skip most of the first half for time constraints, then they skip the first four minutes of the third quarter, then after two minutes they take another commercial break, and the worst part is that I accidentally saw the final score in the ticker at the bottom! So even though it is only the third quarter I know the Raptors won. Gonna watch the rest to see how it happened. So annoying. I suppose this is what I get for having cable in 2019.

Last edited:

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure the game was exciting if you saw it live but the re air was terrible. Last time I will ever watch the ESPN re air. Bullshit. They cut most of the 4th and to the final 18 seconds. Saw Curry miss a three and then Toronto got the ball back, made the free throws, and won the title. Strangest ending to a finals series I have ever seen. The best shooter in NBA history misses a good looking three and then there is a scramble at half court for the ball. Warriors get the ball and call a timeout they don't have, locking up the game for Toronto. Curry is a great shooter but had a poor second half (from what I saw). Reminded me of game 7 against Cleveland three years ago when he had a terrible 4th quarter. Stunning to see the road team win five games in a row in this series. That could be an NBA Finals record.

Congratulations to the Raptors who become the first NBA team outside of the United States to win the title. Raptors hit so many big shots. It seemed like almost every time they needed something huge they got it.

Saw the Thompson injury too. Report is he has a torn ACL and will be out most of next season. Warriors could be in trouble next year with injuries to Durant and Thompson. Both are unrestricted free agents who might leave but even if they come back they won't play much next year. This could be the end of the Warriors dynasty.

That's the season. It starts up again in the fall. Maybe we see a new western conference champion in 2020.

Last edited:

Bing Z

illiterate primate
Registered
Reaction score
ARG! This ESPN re-air of the game is infuriating. First they skip most of the first half for time constraints, then they skip the first four minutes of the third quarter, then after two minutes they take another commercial break, and the worst part is that I accidentally saw the final score in the ticker at the bottom! So even though it is only the third quarter I know the Raptors won. Gonna watch the rest to see how it happened. So annoying. I suppose this is what I get for having cable in 2019.
ESPN3 (on its web page or WatchESPN app) has the replay (2:37:27 long, presumably full length).

Even better, it's free ^_^ (not sure how long ESPN3 will remain free.)

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Darn, sorry about that Rookie, after you tried to see the game without knowing the outcome.

It was another one of those games that was neck and neck almost the whole time, and especially in that last quarter. Talk about two evenly matched teams. Yes, bummer that Curry missed the three pointer but there was a lot of pressure and many players around him.

The Raptors won and then there were those very odd foul shots after the 0.0 second whistle. I thought when that stuff happens the team can decline the foul. Or is that only in football where a team can decline a foul?

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Penalties can be declined in American football but rarely would be in such a situation where the defense commits it on the last play of the game. A football game can't end on a defense penalty, however the offense could decline the penalty if they wanted to, (for example if the offense scored the game winning touchdown with no time left and the defense was called for holding). Then the game would end. In short, football can't end on a defensive penalty that is accepted. I've never heard of fouls not be accepted in basketball.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Warriors buy everyone in the US a taco at Taco Bell today (2-6pm) and the offer isn't good in Canada. Turkeys.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Kevin Durant turned down the one year option from the Warriors. He is now a free agent. There is a chance he could still come back to the Warriors, of course, but by turning down the option deal it means he is seeking a minimum four year deal with a lot guaranteed money. All free agents are free to sign starting on Monday, July 1. Nets have been rumored to be pushing for Durant and Kyrie Irving.

The other big question is if Kawhi Leonard will stay in Toronto. My guess would be yes. Clippers are expected to make an offer for him.

The New York Knicks are pursuing all three!

Last edited:

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Durant and Irving will sign with the Nets. Report is Knicks didn't offer Durant a max contract because of the leg injury.