2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone interested in the NBA playoffs this year? Of the four major sports the NBA has by far the worst playoffs. That being written it can be really exciting at times. If anyone cares this is the thread to post about it.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Warriors and Clippers series already getting chippy. Durant and Beverley were both ejected after several altercations. Jeff Van Gundy kept talking about how the officials had to put up with so much complaining from the players and coaches and didn't know how they could tolerate so much of it. Doc Rivers got a T at halftime. The Clippers were hanging around but then unraveled after they were more interested in crying to the officials than playing. Warriors won in a blowout. No surprise.

I tried to watch some of the Denver/San Antonio game but it was boring me so I switched to hockey. Good choice.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
LA Clippers just beat the Warriors after being behind by 31 points! They pulled off the biggest comeback win in NBA playoff history.

dansimmonds

Registered
Reaction score
I saw game 4 of Celtics - Pacers and Warriors - Clippers. Celtics deserved their win, and Hayward is rounding back into form nicely. They're going to be a handful for the Bucks. Warriors bounced back nicely after a great performance by Klay Thompson in the first half, but a little tired of the love Durant gets. He's a great scorer yes, but this would be (and has been) a championship team without him. Curry deserves way more appreciation then he gets - Steph and Green are the key to that team, not Durant.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Warriors bounced back nicely after a great performance by Klay Thompson in the first half, but a little tired of the love Durant gets. He's a great scorer yes, but this would be (and has been) a championship team without him. Curry deserves way more appreciation then he gets - Steph and Green are the key to that team, not Durant.

Agreed. Green is the energizer. Durant jumped on a winning train and now seems unhappy. I think he feels underappreciated and will probably leave after the season. Though he could stick around and probably win four or five rings. I predict a Golden State/Boston finals. Same thing I had picked last year and then Boston lost game 7 at home to Cleveland. YUCK. Though the Bucks are going to be a hard out. The Greek Freak can carry them all the way to the finals.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Rockets advance. Warriors will have a chance to do the same in the late game.

The following teams are in the second round: Rockets, Blazers, Raptors, 76ers, Bucks, Celtics.

dansimmonds

Registered
Reaction score
Clippers making this closer than it should be... :ROFL:

Let's be honest though, the upset if it was going to happen was always going to be the Spurs. Aldridge was excellent last night.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Big game for Durant as the Warriors advance to play the Rockets. Game 7 of Denver/San Antonio in Saturday. Then the second round will be set.

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
You forgot to mention the Nuggets taking game 7 against the Spurs...

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Blazers just defeated the Nuggets 140-137 in four overtimes!!

The last time an NBA playoff game went to 4 overtimes was 1953.

Last edited:

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Another monster game for Durant who has dominated in the playoffs. Notwithstanding, the Rockets beat the Warriors in OT and are down 2-1 in the series. Five overtimes the past two nights.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Bucks are looking good and win again behind 37 from the Greek Freak. Now lead Boston 3-1. Charles Barkley said that he thinks the Bucks will win the NBA title.

Rockets get another big game from James Harden and hold off a late Warriors run to tie the series at two. All of them have been close games. Looks like we could have a tight seven game series.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Celtics were no shows in tonight's 116-91 season ending blowout loss to the Bucks. The Bucks advance to the eastern finals and await the winner of Toronto Philly where Toronto leads 3-2.

Last edited:

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Another close game between the Warriors and Rockets as Golden State wins 104-99 and takes a 3-2 series lead. The big story out of this game is the injury to Kevin Durant. He had a non contact right calf injury in the third quarter and did not return.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Without Durant and a scoreless Curry in the first half Warriors still put up 118 points and beat the Rockets by five. All six games were decided by six points or less. Curry puts up 33 and hit some big fourth quarter shots. Thompson had a big first half and hit six three pointers for the game. Warriors advance to the Western Conference Finals for the fifth year in a row. They await the winner of game 7 between Denver and Portland. That is one of two game 7's on Sunday, the other being Toronto and Philadelphia.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Portland comes back from 17 down to win a nail biter in Denver 100-96. They advance to the conference finals for the first time since 2000 and will be a tough match up for Golden State. Game 1 is Tuesday.

Toronto and Philly getting started in about 45 minutes.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
The Raptors win at the buzzer with a Kawhi Leonard jumper that bounced several times before falling in the hoop. I don't think I have ever seen a game winning shot that bounced around so much. Final score was 92-90. Raptors will play the Bucks for the eastern conference title.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Durant will miss game 1 tonight against Portland and is probably out for game 2 on Thursday. Game starts at 6pm pacific on ESPN.

It's the first time in NBA history when two brothers, Steph and Seth Curry, face each other in the conference finals.

Last edited:

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Golden State takes game one and makes it look easy 116-94. Game two on Thursday at 6pm pacific. Raptors and Bucks on Wednesday at 7:30 central.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
A big 4th quarter for Milwaukee was the reason for a 108-100 win in game one. Game 2 Friday at 730 central.