Querying while you still have fulls out?

CheG

Registered
Reaction score
Website
chegilson.blogspot.com
I have completed the full round of queries for a MG novel and it still has three requests and a partial out that I haven't received word on. But in the meantime I finished another MG novel I really love and I'm getting ready to query that book. So I was just wondering- if I get an offer on the new book (I should be so lucky right?! LOL!) should I tell the agents who still have my other book that I have an offer on another book and would they like to see the new book? Or would they like to offer on the old book?

Dmbeucler

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dmbeucler.blogspot.com
Yes, if you get an offer on either book then you will go back to all the agents that have either book (or open queries) and let them know you have an offer. There's been a spate of people lying about offers lately so I would be upfront with which agent has offered upfront. If the offer is for shiny new book just say something along the lines of "You have the full for "totally awesome first book" and meanwhile I have completed "shiny new book" and have an offer of representation from Agent awesome."

Good luck!

Carrie in PA

Write All The Words!
Registered
Reaction score
I would be patient (easier said than done, I well know). Agents want to represent a career. So if you get an offer on Book 1, and an offer on Book 2 from a different agent, you're actually creating more work for yourself instead of dealing with one agent for two books.