Mapmaking!

violet_ivy

Registered
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I actually managed to make a pretty functional map in Google Drawings. It took some trial and error and has a bit of a "cartoony" feel, but it works. I hand drew the map then uploaded the image to a google drawing, then recreated it using the drawing tools. Here it is

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, that's supercool! I like being able to tell the general temperature from the color, and the mountains work, too.

Jason--I have a sinking feeling that the pixels will bother me... but I'm refusing to worry about it right now.

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I was a pixel peeper too....it served well for certain things, but other situations you could pretty easily tell a photo was "photoshopped" that made it look unnatural...

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
The pixels ended up being OK on my map. (It's about 2000x3000 pixels, I think.) I'm happy with how the thing looks in the proof copy of my novel.

I have been scavenging through this thread to remind myself how to post images--but I think I must have posted the map in the thread AWAdmin started. I'll check there.