Kids Graphic Novels

mentacle

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone working on middle grade or young adult graphic novels? Wasn't sure if I should post this on the kidlit or graphic novel section. Graphic novels are having a mini boom in these two sectors, and I'd love to talk to creators . What kinds of stories are you working on? What avenues to publishing are you looking at?

mentacle

Registered
Reaction score
Frankly I'm surprised with the crickets here. It's a huge growth area ( for now) and I was expecting a lot more cartoonists to be into the children's market. DOG MAN is ubiquitous in the bookstores I've visited, and there's a huge number of volumes out. They're practically being churned out at this point. SMILE and its sequels also occupy top slots in the NYT Bestseller list. Scholastic's Graphix is really killing it, and new graphic novel imprints are opening up all the time. Lerner, Random House, Macmillan are all developing new imprints, and those are only the ones I know about. I wish there was more discussion about this segment industry- trends, directions, strategies.

Anyway I'm working on one, and I was wondering if other people were interested in the age groups - YA and MG. Those threads don't seem to want to discuss stuff that's not prose.

Last edited: