• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader/Swap for Sci-Fi Thriller? (88k words)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for readers for my distant future sci-fi manuscript! It's been through a couple rounds of revisions and I'm hoping to start querying it sometime in 2020.

Quick blurb:
Famed inventor Deborah can’t step outside without the haze searing her eyes. That’s life on Earth in 18,000 AD. Her son deserves better but new worlds are out of reach. At least until Deborah unveils her latest masterpiece: a theoretical faster-than-light starship. But her innovation is deemed a threat by political powers with their own vision for humanity. To protect herself, her family, and her project, Deborah will have to navigate political and corporate intrigue and uncover secrets hidden by the aftermath of a recent war. A war not everyone agrees is finished.

While I'm open to all commentary, I'm especially interested in observations on character development. I'm also open to swapping! I most enjoy sci-fi and fantasy, but I will consider any genre/age group outside of Middle-Grade, Historic, or Romance (romance subplots are fine). PM or posting here is fine. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Last edited:

aryheron

Registered
Reaction score
I'd be interested! Care for a YA fantasy swap? :)

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for beta readers once again, so I'm gonna give this post a big ol' bump.

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
Once again looking for some readers! Open to swapping. Strong preference for getting another read done before November so my attention isn't too split for NaNoWriMo.

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to give this thread another bump. Now that NaNo is over, I'm able to focus again on this project, and potential swaps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.