AW is an Amazon Affiliate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Beta Reader for Sci-Fi Political Thriller (88k words)

Threaded View

practical experience, FTW Fiender's Avatar

Beta Reader for Sci-Fi Political Thriller (88k words)

Looking for betas to read my distant future sci-fi manuscript! Just finished the first couple beta-reads + revisions.

My story follows a scientist named Deborah whose latest invention might save mankind from the perils of a dying, cataclysm-torn Earth. But the existence of her invention is deemed a threat by political powers with their own vision for humanity. To protect herself and her project, Deborah will have to navigate political and corporate intrigue and uncover secrets hidden by the aftermath of a recent war. A war not everyone has decided is finished.

While I'm open to commentary on anything that crosses your mind as you read, I'm especially interested in criticism on the characters' development arcs. I'm particularly interested in readers who are parents since my main character is one, and I am not (though that is definitely not a requirement).

I'm also open to swapping! I most enjoy sci-fi and fantasy. Will consider any genre/age group outside of Middle-Grade, Historic, or Romance (romance subplots are fine). PM or posting here is fine. Any questions, feel free to ask!
    Last edited by Fiender; 06-24-2019 at 09:06 AM.