Sekiro

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've only just managed to beat the Shinobi Hunter and got the beads to upgrade my vitality and that certainly makes a difference. The purple guy is my next target in the bamboo thicket. Yes, the exploration and choice of route aspect is great but, like you, I'm beginning to tire of the specificity of these boss encounters. Two await ahead now - I've reached their arenas but stopped short of triggering the Blazing Bull, and the Horseman.

pharm

profoundly de minimis
Registered
Reaction score
TBH, as much as I love SoulsBourne games (and I include Hollow Knight in this) the unforgiving boss memorization bottlenecks are ALWAYS where I lose interest and start Youtubing the ending & parts I've missed.

This is where the summoning mechanics of the previous From games were so great. Getting some help or helping another player was such a fun and novel way to learn new tips and techniques or, if you were frustrated enough, just find someone good enough to bypass that one irritating boss for you entirely. I also appreciated seeing other ghosts struggling in the same place, getting hints from messages, and constantly realizing that no matter how bad things get ~a hunter is never alone~.

Sekiro offers almost no options to someone who’s tired of the head-beating except farming spirit emblems and spamming firecrackers. And it’s lonely going, to boot.

Last edited:

Bufty

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That darned horseman - I still haven't got the blighter. :rant::rant:

Bufty

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am so annoyed and frustrated with this horseman guy, I think I may try Divinity-Original Sin 2. Never played that one although I loved the Baldur's Gate series.

SVenus

Registered
Reaction score
Sekiro is fantastic and to anyone reading who's on the fence because you disliked the previous Souls games, give Sekiro a try. It's very, very different in terms of feel and combat.

Bufty

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've disposed of the horseman and now I'm trying to get rid of a flaming bull. Yes- it really is a 'flaming' bull. Jeepers, was my horseman post really over a year ago? :flag:

Blue Skies

Registered
Reaction score
Worst effort from Miyazaki yet. Am looking forward to Elden Ring.