Young Parkland absentee ballots rejected at 3X Florida rate

MythMonger

Willing to Learn
Registered
Reaction score
15 percent of young Parkland voters' ballots rejected, study shows

Among all Floridians between 18 and 21, about 5.4 percent of mail-in ballots were rejected or uncounted, Smith said. The statewide average of rejected or uncounted mail-in ballots for all ages was 1.2 percent, Smith noted.

Parkland, FL, where the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High took place last year, has a number of young people who have become politically active, mainly in gun control.

I'm *totally* sure that's just a coincidence, though.

I've used absentee ballots for several years as a convenience, but I didn't understand how these votes could be manipulated. (Especially living in North Carolina) In my own case, I mailed my absentee ballot on Sunday from the post office, which surely would've gotten to the board of elections twenty minutes away on Tuesday, right? Well, maybe it did, but it wasn't processed until Thursday. Wasn't told it was rejected or counted, just that they received it.

The only remedy may be to vote in person.

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Processing delays may well be a side effect of contracts between local municipalities and the Post Office combined with how quickly individual letters can be opened and keyed into the database. I sent my Exotics Ownership Permit at the end of January, and the check has just cleared my bank account this week -- there is basically one person at the state capital who opens and processes mail for the entire state.

But. This disturbing statistic is disturbing.

So they'll need more ACLU attorneys at the school, in addition to suicide counselors. Anyone recall how many LGBTQ youth protest suicides there were in 2010...