Absolute Write Spring Fund Drive!

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
I've got a selfish request and will completely understand if the answer is 'no' -- is it possible for AW to set-up a monthly donation service like a Patreon or Ko-Fi Gold (which uses Paypal, so same secure system as current donations, but handles monthly reoccurences and I believe takes less of a cut than Patreon with the trade-off that it's less widely used and recognised).

I'd love a 'set and forget' donation option so I can keep on throwing money at AW in the laziest way possible, and I'm happy to pay more for the convenience to cover any extra cuts these services take. The page doesn't need to produce content or reward tiers or anything like that -- I back a few tech Patreons who have fairly sparse pages, I'm not expecting anything from them, I just appreciate having a simple way to set a reocurring donation and bundle together foreign currency transactions. Both Patreon and Ko-Fi are adult content friendly platforms so there's no stressin' about flagging like there is with Adwords.

[struck-out because a better solution is in the next reply!]

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere. I know a few people in-thread are mentioning setting up monthly donations but my overworked wee head can't figure out who you lovely folks are managing it. I can only find the yearly donations here, but tbh I find a lot of the Paypal interface confusing so it's highly likely to be user error.

Last edited:

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere. I know a few people in-thread are mentioning setting up monthly donations but I can't figure out who you lovely folks are managing it, I can only find the yearly donations here, but tbh I find a lot of the Paypal interface confusing so it's highly likely to be user error.

• Click the large blue AW Subscription button at the top of every forum page.
    The button goes to a PayPal page.
  • Fill out the amount you are comfortable with.
  • Click the ticky box that says Make This A Monthly.
  • Click the PayPal button or the Debit and Credit Card button.

And thank you!

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was ably assisted by AW Admin yesterday.

So I made a contribution to AW to express my gratitude.

Easy peasy. :Thumbs:

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
  • Click the large blue AW Subscription button at the top of every forum page.
    The button goes to a PayPal page.
  • Fill out the amount you are comfortable with.
  • Click the ticky box that says Make This A Monthly.
  • Click the PayPal button or the Debit and Credit Card button.

And thank you!

Thank you so much AW Admin, I'd followed the blue link up top, gone through the FAQs and was fumbling around on the voluntary subscriptions page like a numpty. It's so much easier just following the big blue button and very user friendly even for the Paypal-knowhow-impaired like myself.

That's me all set up with ongoing support now, and very happy to be helping. <3

Last edited: