Greetings, fellow writers!

Auteur

Redacted
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a professional writer (other than the getting paid part) and thought it'd be nice to get to know some other writers. I've written a bunch of songs and one non-fiction, self-help book. I'm now working on a screenplay that I'm thinking about turning into a novel.

Anyway, it's good to be here! :snoopy:

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

You landed in a very supportive community. What genre(s) of screenwriting?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to have you join us, auteur. Welcome! Please take your shoes off before you put you feet on the coffee table, okay?

Auteur

Redacted
Registered
Reaction score

You landed in a very supportive community. What genre(s) of screenwriting?

Hey, Enlightened. My first screenplay is a drama. My next one is going to be an action/thriller. Are you a screenwriter?

Hey, Regdog. Thanks for the links! I've gone through most of them. This looks like a great forum! :)

Thanks for joining.

Hey, RW! Good to meet another rookie! :)

Nice to have you join us, auteur. Welcome! Please take your shoes off before you put you feet on the coffee table, okay?

Hi, Maryn! What if I wear my slippers? :)

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Enlightened. My first screenplay is a drama. My next one is going to be an action/thriller. Are you a screenwriter?

I'm taking time off my novel to try and get a submission to Nicholl screenwriting competition before the deadline of May 1. I wrote some, years ago, just to learn the process. I'm re-learning some things for a few more days then off to get to working on the screenplay after. My novel and screenplay are fantasy.

Drama, action/thriller.... Great genres!

TrapperViper

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a professional writer (other than the getting paid part) and thought it'd be nice to get to know some other writers. I've written a bunch of songs and one non-fiction, self-help book. I'm now working on a screenplay that I'm thinking about turning into a novel.

Anyway, it's good to be here! :snoopy:

Hi, glad you joined. I'm new too. seems like a very welcoming community